Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Admiral
Admiral

Orange update/patch icon in tray missing

Have had issues with the patching system ever since deploying OES... but I can't remember how to get that Patch icon back near the clock if its gone. I've done "rczmd restart" but that doesn't do it... trying to patch the system. I'm not sure of "Online Update" is the same thing , it looks different

#novell on efnet
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

online update is the same thing as it uses the same mechanisms as the zmd icon

i've had the same issue wince the original oes2 release where some systems it just goes missing, i've found the reliable way to get it back if you *must* have it is following this TID: Support | Resetting your ZEN Updater and Novell Customer Center key registration

failing that just use the online update, if you don't get any patches listed you might need to look at this TID to update your client certificates:
Support | Attempts to activate an SLE 10 SPx system (Server or Desktop) returns a curl error 60

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

"zen-updater &"
thats the command that brought the icon back. Don't know what makes it vanish at times though.

#novell on efnet
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

joebrug;2213348 wrote:
"zen-updater &"
thats the command that brought the icon back. Don't know what makes it vanish at times though.

Yes, we had it working reliably until possibly the Nov. 2011 maint patches and now it's missing (and no matter what I do, it won't come back) from our servers. The only way I've gotten it to show up is to start the zen-updater as you mention here.

Good news is that in OES11 rug/zmd isn't there anymore so hopefully it'll be more reliable for patching.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 16.08.2012 01:16, gleach1 wrote:
>
> online update is the same thing as it uses the same mechanisms as the
> zmd icon

Totally not.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.