Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Other TAB adding & Popultaing "Attributes"

I have two (2) attributes *mobile & *Pin that I would like to add to the user object in the other
Tab. But I need to do this over 10,000 users, I have JRB tools 1.7 but have not used the tools.
And after adding the attributes I have to of course populate the two attributes.

Wayne
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Other TAB adding & Popultaing "Attributes"

So you need to add custom schema changes, and then apply those to the users and populate them. For the first bit you are well advised to create an Auxiliary Class and add the new attributes to that. Then if you need to change or delete the attrs you can; if you added them to the base User class they are stuck there forever as is. You can add and remove the Aux Class to users as you wish.

To populate the attrs you'd likely use an LDIF file via ICE. I don't know the JRB utils very well, but I'd imagine he has one that can do that kind of thing too - check his website.

Note that this is really an eDirectory question, not a NetWare one.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey thanks got it.
How do I change this thread to Completed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You don't, it's fine as is.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using 3rd party tools or LDIF or other magic is fine, but have you
considered using iManager?

It would take 5 Minutes with the Plugin Studio to create a custom user
modify book page.
You could use that page for maintaining or bulk-setting your attributes
including aux class extensions in one go.

Wolfgang

On 01.11.2011 22:06, wwarbine wrote:
>
> I have two (2) attributes *mobile& *Pin that I would like to add to the
> user object in the other
> Tab. But I need to do this over 10,000 users, I have JRB tools 1.7 but
> have not used the tools.
> And after adding the attributes I have to of course populate the two
> attributes.
>
> Wayne
>
>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.