Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem with login script

I have a login script that tests for user membership and then takes action based on the user. However, one of my tests is returning true for all uses. Here is the line in question:

if member of ".GR_Diagnostic Group.GR.VRA" or ".GR_Review Group.GR.VRA" then

As I mentioned, the above should only return TRUE if the user is a member of either of the two groups, but it is returning TRUE for all users. I know this used to work. Client workstations all run Windows XP sp3 and Novell client 4.91 SP5 IR1.

Suggestions? Thanks, Chris.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Problem with login script

Further testing indicates the "or" is not being processed properly.

>>> cmosentine<cmosentine@N0_5pam_vrapc.com> 10/15/2013 9:54 AM >>>

I have a login script that tests for user membership and then takes action based on the user. However, one of my tests is returning true for all uses. Here is the line in question:

As I mentioned, the above should only return TRUE if the user is a member of either of the two groups, but it is returning TRUE for all users. I know this used to work. Client workstations all run Windows XP sp3 and Novell client 4.91 SP5 IR1.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

On 15.10.2013 15:54, cmosentine wrote:
> I have a login script that tests for user membership and then takes action based
> on the user. However, one of my tests is returning true for all uses. Here is
> the line in question:
> if member of ".GR_Diagnostic Group.GR.VRA" or ".GR_Review Group.GR.VRA" then

That syntax is wrong. The second statement is missing the "if member
of". The "or" seperates two different statements, e.g "if member of
something.ou.o" and day of week="monday".

E.G You can't leave out the full syntax.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Looks like this syntax works properly:

if ((member of ".GR_Diagnostic Group.GR.VRA") or (member of ".GR_Review Group.GR.VRA"))

Chris.

>>> cmosentine<cmosentine@N0_5pam_vrapc.com> 10/15/2013 10:14 AM >>>

Further testing indicates the "or" is not being processed properly.

>>> cmosentine<cmosentine@N0_5pam_vrapc.com> 10/15/2013 9:54 AM >>>

0 Likes
hschoene Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi,
the second expression after the "or" is not a comparison. It is true everytime.

Try:
if member of ".GR_Diagnostic Group.GR.VRA" or member of ".GR_Review Group.GR.VRA" then ...

Heiko
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.