Highlighted
spbgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Purging deleted files from NSS Volume via bash shell?

Dear all users,

I know we can purge deleted volumes using the ncpcon command but can you purge salvageable files from a volume from the bash shell command line? Any help is appreciated 😄
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Purging deleted files from NSS Volume via bash shell?

You can run any ncpcon command directly from the shell by putting ncpcon
in front of the command, like "ncpcon purge volume data"
0 Likes
spbgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

TitanXV;2042219 wrote:
You can run any ncpcon command directly from the shell by putting ncpcon
in front of the command, like "ncpcon purge volume data"

I have tried this by typing in the following command:

ncpcon purge volume NVOL1

NVOL1 is the name of the volume but the purge runs for a few seconds and then says it is completed. When I check the purgable space, it is stating it's still over 104 GB (I have to set a quota on this volume once I purge out all of the deleted data).

Would I type in:

ncpcon purge volume data

and this will purge all salvageable files on all volumes?
0 Likes
spbgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nevermind 😄 Thanks TitanXV. I was using the right command. The only problem I faced was that when I would run the purge command, I use Adrem Server Manager for monitoring our Netware boxes and it was not updating correctly. Now I can see that it runs in the background using the nssmu utility to monitor the progress by refreshing every couple of minutes. Thanks for your time!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.