UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Query re permissions / unknown user or object?

Hi.

I have a query / permissions issue that I don't understand. On one of our sites, when you look at the permissions for any directory on the Novell Server it shows an extra permission that i've not seen on any of our other sites, please see the picture.

It's the one called -Vol1: that I don't understand i'm logged in as the admin for the tree and when I try to change any of the permissions for this -Vol1: thing it comes back and says I don't have the permissions to make any changes. We have filr as well and it will not work on this site, and seems to also complain about errors with this -Vol1: as if it's a user not Volume 1 itself, and I don't understand what it is, how I get rid off it, or if it should be there! Every directory on the server has this with permissions and admin cannot change their permissions.

Anyone got any ideas?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:26:01 +0000, booktrunk wrote:

> I have a query / permissions issue that I don't understand. On one of
> our sites, when you look at the permissions for any directory on the
> Novell Server it shows an extra permission that i've not seen on any of
> our other sites, please see the picture.

What operating system? What service pack / patch installs?

--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu
Knowledge Partner http://forums.netiq.com

Please post questions in the forums. No support provided via email.
If you find this post helpful, please click on the star below.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

OES11
SLES11 SP2

it's had this VOL1 thing on the server for ages, it's been upgraded from OES2 SLES10 over the last 5 years, and i cannot say when this stared but know i've seen it in the past not really thought about it, but now I'm having some issues i'm curious. Pretty sure this has shown this for years including when it was on OES2
0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

booktrunk Wrote in message:

> OES11
> SLES11 SP2

Hopefully by "OES11" you actually mean OES11 SP1 since OES11 (SP0)
is only supported on SLES11 SP1. Please can you post the output
from "cat /etc/*release".

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Sorry.

Novell Open Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11.1
PATCHLEVEL = 1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x86_64)
VERSION = 11
PATCHLEVEL = 2
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.