Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RPM DB Corrupt

Good day,

Worked with my customer on an issue with an OES 2 SP3 server that had a corrupt RPM Database. We followed TID 7004708, to restore the DB to a working condition, we followed the section below the recommended steps to fix, using a backup copy of the RPM Database from October to bring it back to a working state.

A question arose however; how do we (or is there ) a method to sync the RPM DB with the rpm's that were recently installed? For example: we added some new Apache patches that we received from Development, however; running an "rpm -qa <package name> showed an older version.

Is there a method to sync the RPM DB, with the rpm's that are currently on the system, or should we just go ahead and run the updates again on that Server?

Thank you,

-Dan
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
buckesfeld Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: RPM DB Corrupt

dschaldenovell wrote on 11/12/2014 04:46 PM:
> Is there a method to sync the RPM DB, with the rpm's that are currently
> on the system, or should we just go ahead and run the updates again on
> that Server?

"rpm --rebuilddb" as root

HTH
Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Associate
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.