Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RW Replica removal causes server access problems.

We have 3 SLES servers (OES2sp3), Master replica on SLES, RW replica on each server, 1 Netware 6.5sp8 server. Various eDir versions 8.8.5 (NDS 20219.15 on NW)

I recently removed a RW replica from the Netware server using Console1.

What happened was that users could not map drives or access that server, until I added a RW replica back.

As far as I understood it, it was not necessary to have replicas on all file servers to access files on all those servers. Am I missing something (like, do you need at least one NETWARE replica to allow access to Netware-based file and print services?)

I was able to login and access the server OK, but I'm not sure whether it was due to being Admin or because most workstations have a Zenworks agent installed and mine don't.

There's precious little left on the NW server, but just enough that I can't fully leave for all SLES.

TIA for any ideas.
Simon
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

A couple of things that I have noticed since that might make a difference:

-NW server is the org's CA
-NW server is still the single time source

I'm not planning on removing the server yet, but I'd still like to take the replica off it.

(I'm troubleshooting a firewall/ldap latency issue where I suspect that user IP address information is being added to that server during login and then being replicated to the SLES slower than it should be)
Thanks
Si.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

As long as eDir is syncing happily there's no reason why removing a replica should have this effect. What exactly happened when users tried to map a drive to it? What syntax did they use?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.