Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: File browsing in AutoCAD 2004

Here is an update: We have removed the files from a "cluster" and have them on a stand alone NW 6.5 server (sp3). The volume is 1.06 TB (758 GB free). The problem manifests itself with browsing files from the "file open" within the application in the first set of directories at the root of the volume. I have loaded Architectural Desktop 2004 (ADT 2004, AutoCAD 2004 with specialized architectural functionality) onto my workstation and can duplicate the problem.

I have applied "491_pka.exe"(TID 2971589), "ndpslib2.exe"(TID 2971337), "491_nwfs_5.exe" (TID 2971853) and "491_nwgina_3.exe" (TID 2971655) with no effect.

We have tried the "unofficial" fix from Autodesk had to do with Project Navigator and it did solve any of the problem. We have also tried the "digital signature" fix and it does not fix the problem we are having.

We do not see the problem with either ADT 2005 or ADT 2006.

I will try the set command in TID 10068360 but I'm wondering if NW 6.5 is different.
The problem appears to me to be within Autodesk's product, something to do with how it browses files, we cannot duplicate the problem in other applications.

Any other ideas will be deeply appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: File browsing in AutoCAD 2004

After testing and looking at other volumes on our network, it appears that our problem has to do with the size of the volume it is looking at. Smaller volumes 75 GB or smaller there are no delay in file browsing. I am wondering if there is some sort of indexing going on?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: File browsing in AutoCAD 2004 (Resolution)

I wanted to post this so that in case others encountered this problem, they would have another possible solution to try.

Our directory structure had a series of "studio" directories at the root of the volume. Our CAD Manager had placed shortcuts to other network resources (mostly windows based scanner pick-up locations). Removing these short-cuts cut the wait time to fractions of a second instead of minutes, when browsing into these "studio" directories.

Thanks you to all those who gave suggestions to us!

>>> Daniel WELLS<Daniel.WELLS@mhtn.com> 8/2/2005 12:40 PM >>>

Here is an update: We have removed the files from a "cluster" and have them on a stand alone NW 6.5 server (sp3). The volume is 1.06 TB (758 GB free). The problem manifests itself with browsing files from the "file open" within the application in the first set of directories at the root of the volume. I have loaded Architectural Desktop 2004 (ADT 2004, AutoCAD 2004 with specialized architectural functionality) onto my workstation and can duplicate the problem.

I have applied "491_pka.exe"(TID 2971589), "ndpslib2.exe"(TID 2971337), "491_nwfs_5.exe" (TID 2971853) and "491_nwgina_3.exe" (TID 2971655) with no effect.

We have tried the "unofficial" fix from Autodesk had to do with Project Navigator and it did solve any of the problem. We have also tried the "digital signature" fix and it does not fix the problem we are having.

We do not see the problem with either ADT 2005 or ADT 2006.

I will try the set command in TID 10068360 but I'm wondering if NW 6.5 is different.
The problem appears to me to be within Autodesk's product, something to do with how it browses files, we cannot duplicate the problem in other applications.

Any other ideas will be deeply appreciated!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.