jonasd Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Really looooong Login times - Please help!

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum. I'm also not a real trained NW IT person. I know enough to get around the netware server and do what I need to do for the basics, but this is beyond me...

Netware 6 SP5 (its just a file server)
WinXP3 stations
NW Client 4.91SP4
No other servers, no AD.

All stations are using NW Gina for logins, but I have XP auto-admin login to local profiles.

Recently the NW logins have been taking from a minute to several minutes to login. It seems to be a global problem, and I've tried a lot of basic stuff already, but not sure where to look. Any advice would help!
Thank you.
J
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Really looooong Login times - Please help!

Jonasd,
> Recently the NW logins have been taking from a minute to several
> minutes to login. It seems to be a global problem, and I've tried a lot
> of basic stuff already, but not sure where to look. Any advice would
> help!
> Thank you.

Please post in the client forum, but before doing so, try to grab a packet
trace of your logins. I suggest Wireshark. Also: What part of the login
seems to take time? Put write statements in your login script to check.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Discover the Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.