Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
tgilmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remote Manager Problem

Two node cluster on NW6 SP5. Recently lost NRM access on port 8008 on one of the nodes. Portal and httpstk loaded on both nodes. Any ideas?

Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
tgilmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Remote Manager Problem

I should add, the Browser connects. Message at the bottom of screen is "Waiting for server_ip".
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Expired certificate perhaps?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
tgilmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't think so. There are three servers in the DS Tree, the two cluster nodes plus a third server used for cluster backup. I can connect with node B and the backup server. Node A will not connect. IE reports "Waiting for 192.168.XXX.XXX - (Server IP address). System has been on line since 2003. Can't figure out what has changed.

Tom
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server certs expire every 2 years ... run PKIDIAG (and for laughs, SDIDIAG) and see what you find.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
tgilmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your response. I know about certs expiring every 2 years. I had run PKIDIAG and it reported no errors. I was unaware of SDIDIAG. I downloaded Ver 2.2 and installed the NLM. The SDI Check Domain Key Server is FSA.contex.tree which is the server I am trying to connect to with NRM. SDIDIAG reports the keys are GOOD (configuration warning). Here are software versions --

EDIR 86.0.2
NICI 2.6.4
NICISDI.NLM 26410.05

One thing I will need to do is to run SDIDIAG -AS to add the other cluster node (FSB).

I built the system in 2003, then retired to Fla shortly thereafter. The only severe problems were 2 HD failures last Novenmber which I discovered via NRM from Fla. If node FSB fails, I cannot connect.

Finally, one more thing. I have never been able to connect via HTTPS. That may be a subject for a new thred.

Thank you

Tom
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Does TCPCON show 8008 in use by anything?

What change, event or update triggered the loss of NRM connectivity, a server reboot perhaps?

What exactly happens when you try to connect to NRM on that server?

Have you tried from the server console itself?

Are Tomcat and Apache loaded successfully?

Can you connect to iManager on that server? iMonitor?

0 Likes
tgilmer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Andrew,

I apologize for not getting back sooner. Other problems arose.

I ran PKIDIAG to get certs current. I have no DNS server so I changed all Apache config files that had a reference to SSLCertificateDNS to SSLCertificateIP.

Now I have access through ports 8008, 8009 and 2200.

One of the problems that arose was the backup software not being able to connect to cluster volumes. This is discussed in TID 10082122 and 10099908. Would you point me to the correct forum to start a thread?

Thanks for the help.

Tom
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Those two TIDs appear to be about Clustered volumes and their eDir objects, not sure what that has to do with backup software. We have a bakcup forum, a clustering forum and a communications forum, depending on the nature of the actual problem. And of course it could be an issue with the backup software itself, for which you'd need to talk to that vendor.

There have been issues with software not able to cope with Volume IDs over 32, and clustered volumes start at 254 and go downward. Depends how old the software is, and what method it is using to connect.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.