RLMILLIES Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Remote Manager on OES 11 SP2 shows 2 connections per client

I am running SLES 11 SP3 with OES 11 Sp2 servers. I was looking at all of the connections and notice that it seems that every time someone logs in, it creates 2 connections. 1 is active with a lot of activity and the other one will have a few NCP requests. I know my Netware servers shows the same but I thought I would finally just why.

Why does the Remote manager show 2 connections for each user but only use one?

Just wondering,
Ken

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Remote Manager on OES 11 SP2 shows 2 connections per cli

One is licensed (or was under NW anyway) and authenticated, and one is not. The second one is essentially to (try to) keep track of the network address and login/logout times in the User and (if present) workstation objects.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Highlighted
RLMILLIES Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Remote Manager on OES 11 SP2 shows 2 connections per cli

ataubman;2338668 wrote:
One is licensed (or was under NW anyway) and authenticated, and one is not. The second one is essentially to (try to) keep track of the network address and login/logout times in the User and (if present) workstation objects.

Thanks for the information - I always was wondering about it and now I know.

Thanks,
Ken

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.