Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Removing LUM services assigned to enabled group in OES11

Have configured All available LUM service types for my OES11 servers on install and have then created groups that are LUM enabled for different users sets, some can ssh and FTP, others can only FTP.

However it seems that having granted a number of LUM enabled services to a group of users makes it impossible to remove Them again. for One group i removed the ssh service on the group object - but the users still had ssh access.

Am I missing some cleanup operation here ? - servers have been restarted and i have also tried to reenable LUM for the group, but the original service allowance seems to stick somehow.

What is missing here ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LUM keeps such stuff in cache. Issue a "namconfig cache_refresh" and see if it changes things.

Uwe

--
Novell Knowledge Partner (NKP)
Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so.
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Have tried the cache_refresh - and that would be cleared during a reboot anyway , the services orginally choosen also stick after a reboot.

What you are also telling me in your answer is that this is not "normal", leading to which troubleshooting would be most relevant ?
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

In article <bkelsen.5pcu9z@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Bkelsen wrote:
> Have tried the cache_refresh - and that would be cleared during a reboot
> anyway , the services orginally choosen also stick after a reboot.
>

How do we know that a reboot clears that particular cache?
Not all caches are cleared with a reboot(look at your browser cache) and I
haven't seen an indication that this is what actually happens here.

Andy Konecny
Knowledge Partner (voluntary SysOp)
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75037

___
“i’ve sworn an oath of solitude til the blight is purged from these lands”
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.