UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Removing oes dhcp leases

Hi,

Does anyone have a script to remove a lease from the dhcp.leases file.
Or another way to remove a single lease from the dhcp.leases file, without manually editing it in a text editor.
We need a way for all our admins to do this without manually having to edit the leases file.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if more detail is needed.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I have no script for you, but suffering from the same shortcomming, I suggest you also enter an enhancement request at http://www.novell.com/rms to ask for this functionality to be added to the java tool. The biggest part of the job has already been done in the DNSDHCP Management tool by implementing the functionality to view leases. The same API on the DHCP server can also be used to manage leases (deleting or modifying leases). The functionality is there in the server product. It is just not implemented on the management side.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marcel is right, it has to be done vi the leases file directly. OES 2 SP 3 and later allow you to view the leases using the java management console, but that is a read only function. I believe a bug or enhancement request was filed some time ago to include functionality to manipulate the entries via the management console, but I don't remember what came of it, and I can't find the bug. It wouldn't hurt to file an enhancement request. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.