Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SAN snapshot & NSS volumes

Sebastian,
Just a couple of questions -
1. Are you using the ESXi5 Snapshot feature?
2. Or the Novell SnapShot feature?
Depending on which is used - one is easier than the other of course – least likely to cause issue or problems is the Novell SnapShots – you can dismount a Volume and use the Snapshot to test and or troubleshoot issue with NSS, eDirectory and other Object associated with the Volume. - - - Let’s say you want to try out another component of NetWare (say NetStorage) – you create a “Snap” of the Volume/Pool take the original offline nad mount your “Snap” to test/use with – if anything goes wrong or you don’t like the functionality of NetStorage – simply dismount the “Snap” and mount the original Volume. The caveat to this is if any Files or creation of them were change by other Users, those changes would not be reflected in the original Volume being mounted back. - - please try this in a test environment and become comfortable with it before exercising it in a production one

Leroy Joseph
Visual Click Software
(eDirectory Management and Reporting)
eDirectory Management | DSRAZOR for eDirectory
0 Likes
spgsitsupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

None of the above, I was considering SAN native snapshot

Seb
0 Likes
Highlighted
will74103 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Massimo,

What about an OES11 Cluster. If I take a SAN snap of VolumeA and it is running on ServerA in the cluster, can I mount the snap to another server in the cluster? Or will it still be a problem because of the cluster?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.