Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

SLES registration code SCC

Jump to solution

Since SLES is no longer available, I am posting here.

Have a SLES12Sp4 server with Zenworks2017

Problem is that the renewed registration code is not working.

So in NCC I find the key for Suse Linux Entreprise Server.

I can enter that key, but it will not accept.

When I login to SCC ( Suse ) I can see the system, but I cannot activate the new subscription key.

How is this now supposed to work ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Could you please contact entitlements@microfocus.com about this?

Please explain the situation to them.

Thanks

Tarik

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
Make sure you have cleaned up your old registration before proceeding with your new key using SUSEConnect --cleanup and SUSEConnect --deregister

For more https://www.suse.com/support/kb/doc/?id=000016142
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thank you for the quick response. 2 questions :

1) Is there a manual to follow ?

2) In Suse CC there is no "active" subscribtion. And when I enter the key from the NCC is says in it invalid....

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I recenty had to contact

**PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**

regarding such an issue. But please note that AFAIK you'd need a "real" SLES license (i.e. one purchased from SuSE) for ZCM.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

That means ?

Suse is no longer included in the OES package ?

So if I want to run a Zenworks server, I need to install on OES ???

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Please don't nail me on this one as i'm a TEC assuming licenses to be simply be THERE when i arrive, but this this one

https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7023123

doesn't leave too much space for misunterstanding. You can always use the appliance, of course, without additional SLES licenses. Being in business 35 years, personally, i prefer full-blown OS (instead of someone restricting me to something someone thinks it's enough), nevertheless i've recently migrated quite a few instances to appliance-only environments. To summarize: LIKELY you'll have to decide between full control and $$$.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

More preciselely, for GW, regardless of running agents, webaccess, GMS, whatsoever, the SLES code grabbed from the MF portal is legally ok and SHOULD work. From recent experience, there's an issue with the new SuSE system itself, which didn't even allow to purchase a new, plain SuSE entitlement (without any reference to MF whatsoever). I have a customer who renewed his OWS entitlement as per April 30th. (as always), but all of sudden the corresponding SLES activations (for GMS and SMT) ceased to work. After submitting details to ---entitlements---at---microfocus---.---com we were provided an activatable code. But legally, i think, this shouldn't be used for ZCM. And officially, OES is an unsupported server platform for ZCM.

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Yes my situation is the same : the SLES activations ceased to work

Buying a separate SLES costs more then the OWS suite itself ?

And I still have an "active" SLES license in the MF portal ?

What kind of strange situation is MF putting us in ?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Could you please contact entitlements@microfocus.com about this?

Please explain the situation to them.

Thanks

Tarik

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Do an request to **PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED**. You get an valid Activation Code for the SLES. This one is w/o a ability to get support from SUSE. All SR has to send via a the NCC (Not via SCC)

For future upgrades and migrations of ZEN I recommend to use the appliance. It get all neccessary patches via Micro Focus. Maybe you want to setup a lokal SMT-Server (MF-SMT1.1 as Add-On at OES2018SP2).

It is pretty cool to have all needed patch channels onPrem.
0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Thanks all, have received a new activation key, now it registrers.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.