Highlighted
taphillips Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SLPDA move

I am currently in the process of removing a Netware 6.5 sp7 server from our tree. I have to move slpda to another Netware 6.5 server. Once this is done I know that I have to edit the slp.cfg files on the netware servers and then reset slp. What changes will I have to make on our OES2 Linux server (running Groupwise on NSS)to recognize the new DA?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Brunold Rainer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: SLPDA move

Check /etc/slp.conf on that oes server if you have the DA configured in. If so, you would need to restart slp on that server as well with "rcslpd restart".

Take care if you have the "old" Netware DAa configured on the Novell clients that you need to change that as well.

Rainer
0 Likes
taphillips Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The clients recieved the old DA address automatically. I assume via dhcp. Would I have to reconfigure dhcp with the new server or would it pick it up automatically?

brunold;1645249 wrote:
Check /etc/slp.conf on that oes server if you have the DA configured in. If so, you would need to restart slp on that server as well with "rcslpd restart".

Take care if you have the "old" Netware DAa configured on the Novell clients that you need to change that as well.

Rainer
0 Likes
Brunold Rainer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Would I have to reconfigure dhcp with the new server or would it pick it up automatically?

That's a static configuration of the dhcp server, so you need to change that manually.

Rainer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.