Highlighted
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SMDRD fails

Hi,

there are a few customer that used different backup solutions based at
the SMDR/TSA architecture.

Since OES2018 I get calls about non functioning novell-smsrd.service.

The backups stop than and they have to restart the smdrd service.

Does somebody see this, too?

Bernd
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: SMDRD fails

Never seen anything like this. But it's SEP Sesam all across the board with tsafs running in "Linux" mode. So it's of course possible that there are buggy codebranches in the smdr/tsa stack which never get used in the offsets i care for.
Do i understand correctly that the daemon loads properly at system start and occasionally crashes later on right in the middle of a backup?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Am 10.05.19 um 13:44 schrieb mathiasbraun:
(...)
> Do i understand correctly that the daemon loads properly at system start
> and occasionally crashes later on right in the middle of a backup?
>

Exact

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Well, if it doesn't "reliably" crashes at the same time (i.e. at the same file) i'd grab a core and submit a SR. Which sort of backup software do they use? Can they dupe the issue with tsatest?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.