ad1082 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Script to Mount NSS Pools & Volumes Please Help

I just brought up a new NW65SP7 server I am used to using TFS. This server will be NSS Pools and Volumes.

1. The volume names are
COMMON
USERS
APPS
Pool Names are
COMMON
USERS
APPS

Would someone be kind enough to show me what the script to activate the pools an mount the volumes should look like? Everything is working fine on the new server except when rebooted the pools dont activate. I have to go in and activate them manually. SYS Pool activates & SYS Vol mount fine and are on independant drives from the COMMON, USERS, APPS Pools and Volumes.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
utman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Script to Mount NSS Pools & Volumes Please Help

Check the autoexec and make sure that there is a mount all command or a mount line for each volume.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Script to Mount NSS Pools & Volumes Please Help

Hi,

ad1082 wrote:
> Everything is working fine
> on the new server except when rebooted the pools dont activate. I have
> to go in and activate them manually.

Type nss /poolautoactivate=poolname. Does that help? Also check if you
have a nssstart.cfg in c:\nwserver.

The last option is that your storage system doesn't initialize properly
in a timely manner, so at the time the server tries to activate them,
the storage system isn't ready yet.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.