plopsdad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Server and migration tool

This tool would save me loads of time IF i could get it to work right. Have checked its install logs, no errors. In short, i select migrate data , give it a name, select source server: please note: it shows my correct user and context, hit next, select source server everythings okay.

HIT NEXT
the destination server is what the problem is: Note the user field, which showed my correct login info before now only shows PUBLIC. If i hit login and enter correct into , it flashs and ends up right back at select destination info--still displaying my USer filed as .[Public]
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Server and migration tool

Plopsdad,
> his tool would save me loads of time IF i could get it to work right.
> Have checked its install logs, no errors. In short, i select migrate
> data , give it a name, select source server: please note: it shows my
> correct user and context, hit next, select source server everythings
> okay.
>

You mean SCMT? What version? Have you seen:
http://wiki.novell.com/index.php/Migration_Wizard

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
plopsdad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

i have SCMT 1.2.070914, but the issue is resolved. Did not read instructions close. IN that destination server area is the key. At the very top it says something about "temporary" tree. Well this is not in a temp tree, its in a totally different context. So instead of selecting data migration, ill have to do the total server migration. Ill be attempting a few small directories friday
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Plopsdad,
> At the
> very top it says something about "temporary" tree.
>

Yes, the target server needs to be installed as a temporary server in a
wholly separate tree. It then takes the identity of the source server
during the migration.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.