Chapindad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Slow Printing

I just did an upgarde from OES 1 to OES 2. I also went from a virtual server to a physical server.

But now my printing is actually slower than before. I am at a loss to what could be causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Slow Printing

Chapindad;2079316 wrote:
I just did an upgarde from OES 1 to OES 2. I also went from a virtual server to a physical server.

But now my printing is actually slower than before. I am at a loss to what could be causing this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you elaborate a bit on the "slower"?
0 Likes
Chapindad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Marcel_Cox;2079737 wrote:
Can you elaborate a bit on the "slower"?

It use to be instant print from when you hit the print button to the print accepting the print job. Now it takes 45sec to 1 minute before the printer shows a print job spooling.
0 Likes
Marcel_Cox Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So if I understand you correcty, the slowness is between the workstation
and the server.
What client Os are you using? What iPrint client? Are you using secure
printing?

--
Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcel Cox's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=8
0 Likes
Chapindad Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is either between the client and the server or something internal to the server before it spools it to the printer.

We are still runing Windows XP fully patches, iPrint Client 5.52 and we not using secure printing.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.