Highlighted
diakbar Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Spawn on SLES

Hi all , I try spawn command for SSH automation using expect.
As we all know that "&" will make it background process, but when we ssh to server we need "expect" for answering password prompt.

my question, how we can install spawn tool on SLES? and How do I find SLES version?

here my version

Linux version 2.6.16.21-0.8 (geeko@buildhost) (gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux)) #1 Thu Jun 16 20:17:17 CEST 2011

$ uname -a
Linux Proc_m0_s13 2.6.16.21-0.8 #1 Thu Jun 16 20:17:17 CEST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob-O-Rama
Visitor.

Re: Spawn on SLES

I would not use expect + SSH and instead use a pre shared key with SSH to facilitate login without entering a password.

As for the version cat /etc/SuSE-release

Perhaps start by sharing your expect script ( sanitized without actual passwords / host names, please.

-- Bob
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.