Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1109 views

Synchronization interrupted by folder activity

Hi!

In my iFolder 2.0 client I get this message all the time:

New client file: [iFolder] \\ "path"
Synchronization interrupted by folder activity

Then it waits about 50s and the same thing happends.

Is there anyone?

Jan S







Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Synchronization interrupted by folder activity

This will happen if you have any of your iFolder files open. iFolder

tries to sync, realizes that some other process has a lock on file and

aborts the synchronization. At the next scheduled sync, it does the
same
thing. It can't synchronise an open file.

> Hi!
>
> In my iFolder 2.0 client I get this message all the time:
>
> New client file: [iFolder] \\ "path"
> Synchronization interrupted by folder activity
>
> Then it waits about 50s and the same thing happends.
>
> Is there anyone?
>
> Jan S
>
>
>
>





0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Synchronization interrupted by folder activity

It happens to me when downloading to my homecomputer the first time
and
later at the job too..
It happend to me before and I deleted the whole thing att system
level.
Then it happend again and I don´t have any files open, just surfing
and
sending mail.


Jan S


<junk2@myrealbox.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:yka2a.871$Zx6.500@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> This will happen if you have any of your iFolder files open.

iFolder
> tries to sync, realizes that some other process has a lock on file

and
> aborts the synchronization. At the next scheduled sync, it does the

same
> thing. It can't synchronise an open file.
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > In my iFolder 2.0 client I get this message all the time:
> >
> > New client file: [iFolder] \\ "path"
> > Synchronization interrupted by folder activity
> >
> > Then it waits about 50s and the same thing happends.
> >
> > Is there anyone?
> >
> > Jan S
> >
> >
> >
> >

>






0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Synchronization interrupted by folder activity

Jan S wrote:
> Hi!
>
> In my iFolder 2.0 client I get this message all the time:
>
> New client file: [iFolder] \\ "path"
> Synchronization interrupted by folder activity
>
> Then it waits about 50s and the same thing happends.
>
> Is there anyone?
>
> Jan S
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I have this same problem with the linux iFolder client... The Windows
client work fine.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Synchronization interrupted by folder activity

> > Synchronization interrupted by folder activity
> >

> I have this same problem with the linux iFolder client... The Windows
> client work fine.


Sounds like some files in your ifolder store are being held open. Using
lsof should help you narrow down which ones. Something like this:

lsof |grep -i pthompson\/ifolderdata

Regards,
- Paul.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.