Thanks,

Mark
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Tab ket in nwscreen_applet

The TAB key's behavior is defined in the library module NWSNut.NLM, used by most NLMs that have those blue-background menu screens, and the NWscreen applet in NRM is designed to work with it-- (The front page of Monitor.nlm for example uses TAB to expand/collapse the "General Info" box.)

If your NLM does its own screen/keyboard handling instead of using the NWSNut library provided by Novell, it may be looking for a different scan code for the TAB key, or something (this is just speculation). If this is the case, have the NLM developer contact Novell Developer Support and we can help them fix the problem.

If you're talking about something different, please explain-- is it a Novell module's screen you're having trouble with?

--R

>>> <mschwartz@blumshapiro.com> 5/22/2006 8:02 AM >>>

Is there a way to use the TAB key while in a nwscreen applet. I need to
get to a menu on a screen but I am unable too. The TAB key just scrolls
the menu on the top of the applet.

Thanks,

Mark
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Even in Monitor accessed through NRM the TAB key scrolls through the menu [<<][>>][Screen List]..[Font -]. I can not get it to TAB to close the General Info box. I am also needing it to work on Caminosoft's Offsite Archive screens.

ens@work.net> 5/22/2006 10:22 AM >>>

The TAB key's behavior is defined in the library module NWSNut.NLM, used by most NLMs that have those blue-background menu screens, and the NWscreen applet in NRM is designed to work with it-- (The front page of Monitor.nlm for example uses TAB to expand/collapse the "General Info" box.)

If your NLM does its own screen/keyboard handling instead of using the NWSNut library provided by Novell, it may be looking for a different scan code for the TAB key, or something (this is just speculation). If this is the case, have the NLM developer contact Novell Developer Support and we can help them fix the problem.

If you're talking about something different, please explain-- is it a Novell module's screen you're having trouble with?

--R

>>> <mschwartz@blumshapiro.com> 5/22/2006 8:02 AM >>>

Is there a way to use the TAB key while in a nwscreen applet. I need to
get to a menu on a screen but I am unable too. The TAB key just scrolls
the menu on the top of the applet.

Thanks,

Mark
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Which browser (and on what kind of client) are you using? We've tested with Firefox (/Mozilla/Netscape) and IE on most Windows client platforms with good results-- which combination have you got? (may be a client JVM issue, since that'll affect the applets' behavior)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I am using IE on WinXP. I have tried java 1.4.x and 5x and MS JVM. It does not work with any of these.

>>> Randy Stevens<Randy.Stevens@work.net> 5/23/2006 1:52 PM >>>

Which browser (and on what kind of client) are you using? We've tested with Firefox (/Mozilla/Netscape) and IE on most Windows client platforms with good results-- which combination have you got? (may be a client JVM issue, since that'll affect the applets' behavior)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.