Highlighted
SJFast911 Absent Member.
Absent Member.
5809 views

Time Sync Problems

Servers involved are:

Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8
Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9

I am getting the following error when I run a time sync:

[1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE
Unable to connect to NDS Server.
Connection refused.

I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box that is in this tree.

Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the problem?

Thanks
Scott
Labels (2)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

SJFast911 wrote:

>
> Servers involved are:
>
> Sles10sp1 oes2 eDir 8.8
> Netware 6.5.6 eDir 8.7.3.9
>
> I am getting the following error when I run a time sync:
>
> [1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf:
> wauoesfs1.OU=SERVERS.OU=WAU.OU=IL.O=BCBS.NSM_TREE
> Unable to connect to NDS Server.
> Connection refused.
>
> I also get a -625 error when running a time sync on a Netware 6.5 box
> that is in this tree.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this and what might be causing the
> problem?


625 means a communication error. Make sure that all servers can
communicate with each other (just use ping)


--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
beavei Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

Also try,

Doing a dsrepair/ndsrepair on both servers, do a repair selected server's network address on the servers that have the 625 error.

Regards,

Ian
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

beavei wrote:

>
> Also try,
>
> Doing a dsrepair/ndsrepair on both servers, do a *repair selected
> server's network address* on the servers that have the 625 error.


625 is generally a more low level communication issue but it is worth a
shot.


--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
SJFast911 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

After applying sp7 to the Netware 6.5 servers the 625 errors went away.

Scott
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

SJFast911 wrote:

>
> After applying sp7 to the Netware 6.5 servers the 625 errors went
> away.


Sounds odd but thanks for the feedback.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
SJFast911 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

Well, the full story is, I had to do an ndsd restart on the linux box because when I did a ndsd status it told me nds was dead. So I restarted it and then the linux box saw the Netware boxes. But the Netware boxes were still getting the -625 errors in dsrepair/timesync status. So that is when I decided to apply sp7 to the Netware boxes and low and behold those errors went away.

Scott
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

SJFast911 wrote:

>
> Well, the full story is, I had to do an ndsd restart on the linux box
> because when I did a ndsd status it told me nds was dead. So I
> restarted it and then the linux box saw the Netware boxes. But the
> Netware boxes were still getting the -625 errors in dsrepair/timesync
> status. So that is when I decided to apply sp7 to the Netware boxes
> and low and behold those errors went away.
>
> Scott


How long did you wait in between the restart of the ndsd and the
patching ? Sometimes it can take a while before things look healthy
again.

--
Cheers,
Edward
0 Likes
SJFast911 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Time Sync Problems

It was about 2 hours inbetween the restart of ndsd and patching. After restarting ndsd I had a meeting and then lunch. After lunch I did another dsrepair | time sync status, still got -625 error. Thats when I decided to apply sp7 because there are two other Netware 6.5 servers in this tree and they were at sp7 level and they were not getting any 625 errors when running dsrepair | time sync status. So I went with that idea.

As a side note, I first installed eDir 8.8 because these other two Netware 6.5 servers also have eDir 8.8 on them but that did not fix the problem so I then proceeded to sp7.

Scott
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.