Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Transfer ID of a cluster member

Hello,

I cannot found a documentation about using transfer ID if the host is a cluster member.
I would like to use transfer ID to replace a host (same old SAN). There is no service in miggui to transfer the cluster settings. The new server has no idea that it is a cluster member.
Same situation for iPrint and Groupwise. It isn't necessary to migrate the data from iPrint or groupwise because it is located on shared storage but I think that there are some settings on the local drive.

could someone help me?

Chris
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

$(UTransfer ID can't be done on the node participating in the cluster using MigGUI. Rather it is recommended to perform rolling cluster upgrade by adding the OES11 nodes to Netware cluster nodes and migrate the cluster services from old node to new node.

-Ramesh

>>> chris im foruml<chris_im_foruml@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 01/09/2013 09:16 PM >>>

Hello,

I cannot found a documentation about using transfer ID if the host is a
cluster member.
I would like to use transfer ID to replace a host (same old SAN). There
is no service in miggui to transfer the cluster settings. The new server
has no idea that it is a cluster member.
Same situation for iPrint and Groupwise. It isn't necessary to migrate
the data from iPrint or groupwise because it is located on shared
storage but I think that there are some settings on the local drive.

could someone help me?

Chris

--
chris_im_foruml
------------------------------------------------------------------------
chris_im_foruml's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=9831
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=462963

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.