Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Trying to install LUM

Made the change and still recieved error that the installed failed. In the yast log it shows it failed because it detected errors in the server certificate.

By the way thanks for the help. I have had this problem posted in the iFolder forum since April and never recieved a response. Back then I was playing around with iFolder and now the company has decided to move forward with using it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

krobertsjr,

did you refresh the ldap server after changing that setting ?

If you did that, I would set the ldap trace levels to the highest level and take a ldap trace when you configure ifolder. That trace should show the reason why it fails. Are you familiar with that tracing ?

Rainer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I refreshed the server, I ran the ldapconfig get command again to verify that it was changed before I reran the install.

Yes I am. I did a trace and received a invalid protocol error when it was trying to make the TLS connection, but I have not been able to find anything on that.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

krobertsjr,

then try the same with the ldap client locally on the server itself.
There you can connect with ldap and ldaps and see if it would work:

unsecure ldap port 389:

# ldapsearch -H ldap://127.0.0.1:389 -D cn=admin,o=context -W -Z -x

secure ldap port 636:

# ldapsearch -H ldaps://127.0.0.1:636 -D cn=admin,o=context -W -Z -x

Both commands should show you all the objects in the edirectory. Once it starts the output you can abort it with ctrl-c. It is just interesting to see if both connections would work.

Rainer
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Both commands worked fine. I was able to see all the objects.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

krobertsjr;1855030 wrote:
I have had this problem posted in the iFolder forum since April and never recieved a response. Back then I was playing around with iFolder and now the company has decided to move forward with using it.

If you're not in production with it yet, you might want to consider waiting for OES2 SP2. As I've been following developments there will be fixes included for ifolder benefiting stability.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do you know when it is scheduled to be released?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

krobertsjr;1855367 wrote:
Do you know when it is scheduled to be released?

I think somewhere in November... Haven't seen any official dates yet.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks, By the way I just fixed my problem. I unchecked the box that required a secure connection between the iFolder Server and LDAP server. Since these are on the same server there really is not a need and it may not even be possible.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

krobertsjr,

>> By the way I just fixed my problem.

okay that's fine, anyway I think I have one additional server where I can try that secure ldap connection using ifolder and see what that is with the certificates.

Rainer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.