last345 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

UIDs got duplicated

Hello everybody!

I have a tree with several OUs. Each of OU has LUM configured and users are also LUM enabled.
When I lumenable user from one OU to another OU his(her) uid got duplicated.

Is this by design? How to evade it?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Brunold Rainer
New Member.

Re: UIDs got duplicated

last345,

that shouldn't happen but it might depend on your configuration as well.

If you have one single unix config object in your edirectory that should contain the last assigned uid and also the upper and lower limt for them. Whenever a user is lum enabled that object should be queried for the next value and after assigning it should be updated.

It might happen that during the installation you havechoosen different locations for the lum configuration and therefor multiple such objects were created. Use imanager to search for them and count them :=))

One other issue I have often seen in our tree, whereas we have just a single unix config object, that when lum enabling one user after the other very fast that they got the same uid. But before checking this I would check for those unix config objects.

Rainer
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.