Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unable to log in using newly installed client

I have an issue with a 3.8 iFolder server. It filled it's / partition a week ago and stopped working. I freed up some space and restarted it and all seemed well -- clients were connecting and the web access piece was working well.

However, today it was discovered that a newly installed client doesn't work. It installs fine, but after the reboot when the configuration wizard launches and I fill in all the details, it gives:

"An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server. Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your network administrator."

It does pop up the warning that we're using a self-signed certificate, so it's making contact with the server.

From the same computer, web access to iFolder works fine.

Computers that had the client before the server issue continue to work fine.

We tried installing a new client on several different computers with both XP and Win 7 and all act the same way.

I found the TID that talks about the inspection.wsil file and, not finding that file on the server, I created it as the TID suggested. That did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

-Farren
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could this be a certificate issue? Does the iFolder client use a certificate different from the one the WebAccess piece uses? How would I check and renew if necessary?

-Farren
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Checked log entries?
Windows XP Log file is in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>
\Application Data\iFolder.

Craig Johnson
http://www.craigjconsulting.com

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Farren,

I get the same error. I find by going into the ifolder3 client > edit > account settings > remove the account > then completely exit the ifolder program, NOT just closing the window, but EXIT the program. Then, restart it. The new account wizard will come up and allow you to add the account back in. I now can connect and login.

-Hans

>>> On 11/7/2011 at 10:16 PM, in message <farren.52v8wn@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, farren<farren@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

I have an issue with a 3.8 iFolder server. It filled it's / partition a
week ago and stopped working. I freed up some space and restarted it
and all seemed well -- clients were connecting and the web access piece
was working well.

However, today it was discovered that a newly installed client doesn't
work. It installs fine, but after the reboot when the configuration
wizard launches and I fill in all the details, it gives:

"An error was encountered while connecting to the iFolder server.
Please verify the information entered and try again. If the problem
persists, please contact your network administrator."

It does pop up the warning that we're using a self-signed certificate,
so it's making contact with the server.

From the same computer, web access to iFolder works fine.

Computers that had the client before the server issue continue to work
fine.

We tried installing a new client on several different computers with
both XP and Win 7 and all act the same way.

I found the TID that talks about the inspection.wsil file and, not
finding that file on the server, I created it as the TID suggested.
That did not resolve the issue.

Any suggestions?

-Farren

--
farren
------------------------------------------------------------------------
farren's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=48234
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=447896
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.