thephringe Absent Member.
Absent Member.
7521 views

Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Hi all,

I've got a problem with the Windows client (Windows 7 64-bit). When I start the client I get an error that says:

Unable to start xsp web service, iFolder will not be able to work, restart the application.

The client actually starts up. However, I'm unable to do anything with it. Are there any logs I can provide that may give you a bit more insight into what's going on?

I can connect from my mac client and a colleague can connect (from outside the firewall) from his Windows client.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Andrew
Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

thephringe,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com/

0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Have you had any luck finding a fix? I have the same issue but have not been able to find a fix.


Bill
0 Likes
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Andrew,

I’ve seen this a few times before in a Windows 7 64-bit environment with the 3.8.0.3 iFolder 64-bit client. When I first started seeing it rebooting the machine sometimes fixed it but ultimately it got to the point where it wouldn’t work at all. I uninstalled the iFolder client and deleted the following directories:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\simias
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\iFolder
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\simias

I did two reboots of Windows for good measure and then re-installed the client. Everything worked out for me and I’ve not seen the issue return.

Who knows? Maybe the same dance will fix it for you too.

Paul
0 Likes
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Whoops - that third directory should be %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\simias (I left out the 'Roaming').
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

pblouin;2086199 wrote:
Whoops - that third directory should be %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\simias (I left out the 'Roaming').


I tried, no luck for me. Still have the same problem.
0 Likes
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

@schoenb - what version if the iFolder client are you using? Did you install Mono or are you using the built-in .NET?
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Mine is actually on Lenovo T400 running XP. Client 3.8.0 running all the built-in .net. I have installed it on many other PC's all with no problems. Just my PC.
So I took an image and put that on another PC, so I can still work on mine. I have uninstalled tons of programs, still get the same error. I even uninstall ifolder then reinstall, but no luck. yet old ifolder 2.x is working fine on it. very furstrating. what am I missing???


Thanks
Bill
0 Likes
lxzndr Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Uninstall and removal of the folders, reinstall worked for me, both on a W7x64 and a XP machine with the problems.
I had already read this thread, so I didn't try uninstall/reinstall without deleting folders. Sync report many conflicts on the XP machine that didn't appear to show a difference - same dates and sizes.
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

I am still getting Unable to start xsp web service.
I've found some more info in my event log. I have this error. Any ideas?
Event code: 3008
Event message: A configuration error has occurred.
Event time: 3/25/2011 7:24:10 AM
Event time (UTC): 3/25/2011 12:24:10 PM
Event ID: c80ae9a584df49e181d063b3caf3b747
Event sequence: 1
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: d418b072-1-129455294438750000
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /simias10
Application Path: C:\program files\ifolder\lib\simias\web\
Machine name: XXX001892

Process information:
Process ID: 6016
Process name: Simias.exe
Account name: 123\Test
Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Request information:
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:1353/simias10/Simias.asmx
Request path: /simias10/Simias.asmx
User host address: 127.0.0.1
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: 123\Test

Thread information:
Thread ID: 8
Thread account name: 123\Test
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Custom event details:
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
0 Likes
lywwing Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Hi,
I tryed all suggestion in this thread, still get xsp web service error when start iFolder client, any other thing I can try?

Thanks......


schoenb;2089704 wrote:
I am still getting Unable to start xsp web service.
I've found some more info in my event log. I have this error. Any ideas?
Event code: 3008
Event message: A configuration error has occurred.
Event time: 3/25/2011 7:24:10 AM
Event time (UTC): 3/25/2011 12:24:10 PM
Event ID: c80ae9a584df49e181d063b3caf3b747
Event sequence: 1
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: d418b072-1-129455294438750000
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /simias10
Application Path: C:\program files\ifolder\lib\simias\web\
Machine name: XXX001892

Process information:
Process ID: 6016
Process name: Simias.exe
Account name: 123\Test
Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Request information:
Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:1353/simias10/Simias.asmx
Request path: /simias10/Simias.asmx
User host address: 127.0.0.1
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: 123\Test

Thread information:
Thread ID: 8
Thread account name: 123\Test
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException()
at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()
at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Custom event details:
For more information, see Help and Support Center at
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

lywwing;2089783 wrote:
Hi,
I tryed all suggestion in this thread, still get xsp web service error when start iFolder client, any other thing I can try?

Thanks......


Me too! Hoping someone will have an idea on what to try next.
0 Likes
schoenb Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

OK, I finally figured my issue out. I found the above error in the event log, so I narrowed it down to not finding the right files. I copied System.EnterpriseServices.dll and System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll from the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_System.EnterpriseServices_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_2.0.0.0_x-ww_7d5f3790 directory into the C:\Program Files\iFolder\lib\simias\web\bin directory. Bingo! it works now.
Finally!
0 Likes
pblouin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

Sorry, Bill - I think this is beyond my abilities and understanding. I think it's time to ask one of the Novell and/or (open source) iFolder dev types.

(Also, you said you're running client version 3.8.0 - is it 3.8.0.0 or might it be 3.8.0.3? Upgrading the client might help...)
0 Likes
lywwing Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unable to start xsp web service - Windows Client

hi,
Copy two dll files fix the error.

Many many thanks.

schoenb;2089936 wrote:
OK, I finally figured my issue out. I found the above error in the event log, so I narrowed it down to not finding the right files. I copied System.EnterpriseServices.dll and System.EnterpriseServices.Wrapper.dll from the C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_System.EnterpriseServices_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_2.0.0.0_x-ww_7d5f3790 directory into the C:\Program Files\iFolder\lib\simias\web\bin directory. Bingo! it works now.
Finally!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.