Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Uninstall Novell Client 2 SP1 (IR3) from command line??

Hello:
We will be migrating away from NetWare within the next few months, thus needing to remove the Novell Clients from the workstations, (it's out of my hands) and I was able to find information on how to uninstall Novell Client 32 4.91 w/post patches on Windows XP SP3 and post patches using a script and a canned text file with acu.ini (there is a [UNINSTALL] parameter) and a corresponding Unattend file with the acu. Additionally, we needed to make sure the InstallShield Installer was updated, and then remove NICI via a script:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\idriver.exe" /M{F02DBC5D-33E3-45E9-B0F8-B7745229ED1C} /uninst

Now, I need to do the same procedure in Windows 7 for Novell Client 2 SP1 (IR3) for Windows 7, but have not found any information yet, other than the following from the "Vista_Client_Installqs.pdf" I found from a Google search:

"UNINSTALLING THE NOVELL CLIENT FOR WINDOWS
You can use either of the following methods to uninstall the
Novell Client for Windows:
􀂊 “Using Uninstall a Program” on page 2
􀂊 “Using the Local Area Connections Properties Dialog
Box” on page 2"

"Using Uninstall a Program
1 Click the Start button, then click Control Panel >
Programs > Uninstall a program.
2 Select Novell Client for Windows in the list of currently
installed programs, click Uninstall, then follow the onscreen
instructions.
The Novell Client software is removed. However, some
files might stay on the workstation until it is rebooted.
3 Reboot the workstation.
Using the Local Area Connections Properties Dialog Box
1 Click the Start button, then click Control Panel >
Network and Internet > View network status and tasks
> Manage network connections.
2 Right-click Local Area Connection, then click
Properties.
3 Select Novell Client for Windows, then click Uninstall.
The Novell Client software is removed. However, some
files might stay on the workstation until it is rebooted.
4 Reboot the workstation.
"

Is there a command line removal method available, or a reference somewhere using the ACU.INI and an Unattend file, additionally, removing NMAS and NICI?

Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
20 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I may have figured it out, but need to do a couple of different tests.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

rosebwl1;2025563 wrote:
I may have figured it out, but need to do a couple of different tests.

Rosebwl1, trying to work out how to remove NICI myself. All the other business is scripted, but having trouble with NICI. How did your tests go?
If it worked, (or went close!) do you mind if I pinch your code?

cheers,
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ljnumber8;2030374 wrote:
Rosebwl1, trying to work out how to remove NICI myself. All the other business is scripted, but having trouble with NICI. How did your tests go?
If it worked, (or went close!) do you mind if I pinch your code?

cheers,

Hi Folks,
Did you manage to get all of this scripted into a silent uninstall? If so could you share your script/results? I am in the exact same situation.

Cheers,
Scoobies
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

scoobies;2042570 wrote:
Hi Folks,
Did you manage to get all of this scripted into a silent uninstall? If so could you share your script/results? I am in the exact same situation.

Cheers,
Scoobies

Yes I managed to script a VBS to remove NICI and the files, after the uninstallation is complete. It is a little rude as I had to use SendKeys, but is doing the job. PM me for the script
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rosebwl/Ljnumber,

Did either of you, or anyone else reading, manage to complete this at all? Would someone be able to send me the VBS script or post it on here?

Thanks in advance,
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think this will do what you're looking for but you may need to tweak it for your needs. I've had inconsistent results when using this through ZEN but it seems to work pretty well when I manually run it on a computer. Create a .vbs file using this:

Option explicit
Dim oShell
set oShell= Wscript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.Run "RunAs /profile /env /user:administrator ""C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{F02DBC5D-33E3-45E9-B0F8-B7745229ED1C}\Setup.exe -uninst"""
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.AppActivate("C:\")
oShell.Sendkeys "YOURADMINPASSWORD~"
WScript.Sleep 10000
oShell.AppActivate("NICI")
oShell.Sendkeys "y"
WScript.Sleep 5000
oShell.AppActivate("NICI")
oShell.Sendkeys "~"
Wscript.Quit
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It's kind of you to post this, but I hope you realise this thread is nearly 2 years old? It's likely the problem has been resolved by now ...

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Was anyone able to get the 'nici shared us/worldwide (128 bit) (2.7.6-1)' uninstalled through the command line silently? I too am building an uninstall batch file for Novell Client 2 SP2 IR4a. I have a silent uninstall for NC2 working fine with a auto reboot at the end, but the NICI Shared will not uninstall silently. Has anyone figured it out through the command line?????? It will be much appreciated.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anybody bothered to hack ncsetup.dll, so it does NOT do reboot at the end of uninstall?

https://www.novell.com/support/kb/doc.php?id=7012161

"The code path unconditionally executes the reboot..."

Obviously that could be unconditionally removed from the logic

Seb
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.