tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unwanted NFS Starting

I've found xnfs loaded on one of our servers even though I have it commented out in the autoexec file. Is there any other ncf file I can check to make sure it isn't being started from something else? We don't use it, so I don't think it would ever have been added manually to a startup or ncf file. Thanks.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Unwanted NFS Starting

"...even though I have it commented out in the autoexec file".

Sorry, to clarify, I have nfsstart.ncf commented out.
0 Likes
dpartrid Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Nfsstart.ncf (being referenced in autoexec.ncf) is the only default place NetWare would load XNFS. Of course, someone could load it manually at the console or while using imanager, or could have put it in any number of other places.
0 Likes
tpr520 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oops, should have updated this a few days ago. I found a cluster script that was loading nfs, so I whacked it from that. Thanks for the response.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.