UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgrade Question

OES 11.1 on SLES 11 SP2. We use edir, imanager and ifolder on this server. We want to upgrade to OES11.2 using the iso burned to DVD. Do we have to download only the OES 11.2 addon or the OES 11.2 addon with SLES 11 SP3 iso? I cant the correct process. Also, are there any gotchas in this upgrade?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You need the ISO with the OES add on.
I have upgraded my servers with this (virtual env.) without issues, but make sure you read the documentation first.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

heinkonijn;2316177 wrote:
You need the ISO with the OES add on.
I have upgraded my servers with this (virtual env.) without issues, but make sure you read the documentation first.

So, we need to oes 11.2 with sles 11 sp3 iso?

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

On 22/04/2014 03:46, carnold6 wrote:

> So, we need to oes 11.2 with sles 11 sp3 iso?

Yes, if you want to do an off-line upgrade of OES11 SP1 (on SLES11 SP2)
you need the OES11-SP2-addon_with_SLES11-SP3-x86_64-DVD.iso file (unless
you want to swap physical/virtual media in which case you'd need
SLES-11-SP3-DVD-x86_64-DVD1.iso _and_ OES11-SP2-addon-x86_64-DVD1.iso).

Alternatively you can do an on-line upgrade via YaST (Wagon) or zypper.

See the "Upgrading to OES 11 SP2" section of the OES11 SP2 Installation
Guide @
https://www.novell.com/documentation/oes11/inst_oes_lx/data/bv6uejh.html
, in particular sections 5.4 for Off-line upgrades and/or 5.7 for
Channel Upgrades.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.