John_Gill Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Upgrade from OES2015 to ES2018 screws up eDir and NTP

Hi,

I recently upgrade my two physical and two VMs to SLES11sp4 and OES2015. Everything working correctly, timesync and Edir etc.

I then upgraded the main physical server to OES2018 - again all was good.

My next step was to upgrade my secondary DNS. So I did the FTP upgrade and this seemed to work with no errors but when
running "ndsrepair -T" and "ndsrepair -E" the result reports that a server, that was removed from the system more than 2 years ago,
is still part of the timesync and eDir. So now eDir and NTP will not sync because this old server no longer exists....

It would appear that the upgrade used an old config or something...

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.
John
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
John_Gill Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Upgrade from OES2015 to ES2018 screws up eDir and NTP

Hi,

After much hacking about with iManager, iMonitor, ConsoleOne (what is that), and ndsrepair (using all the letters of the alphabet)
the old server disappeared, NTP and eDir started to sync and all is good (until the next upgrade) ....

John
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.