Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1991 views

Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

OK. We have been updating/patching one of our servers. We are now stalled out of the update process, and have the following symptoms:

1) When we try to update, SP3 fails with the following error message ;"Cannot access installation media, OES-2 -SP3 - online. Check if the server is accessable..."
Permission to access http... denied."
A similar messaged concerning sles -10 SP4

2) No Macintosh users, using AFP, can log in to this system.

3) Using the standard Novell Client from Windows, even when logged in as Admin, we can see all of our volumes, and read/write as normal, but when looking at SYS:, can only see ._NETWARE, LOGIN and PUBLIC.

4) Console 1 can also only see LOGIN and PUBLIC when browsing to this volume.

I remember back in the days of bindery when seeing only those two folders meant you were not logged in to the server.

How do I get full access to the SYS volume?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
11 Replies
bwisupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Point 1) SuseFirewall enabled? Are you using the online-update? If, is the server registered in NCC with valid Keys?

Point 2) I Don't know anything about AFP, sorry

Point 3) and 4) That's OK. By default there are only those three folders on SYS: There's no neeed for e.g Sys:\system or anything else

Tom
0 Likes
sgardiner Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Point 2 is the AFP service running ?
Console on command promt
/etc/init.d/novell-afptcpd status
/etc/init.d/novell-afptcpd start (if the service is not running)

On the MACs and they connect to the server do they see the volumes available to be mounted. ?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Yes the firewall is running, and we are using the online update via YAST

I would assume the server is registered with Valid Keys since we did get some updates installed, with multiple reboots, before it crapped out.

Should we try to turn off the firewall and run updates?
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Yes. the AFP service is running.

We are unable to connect to the server with the MACS. We get the following error: You entered an invalid username or password. Please try again.


Note: In the AFP log we get a couple of things that are a little worrying:(***** added for emphasis)
titelinez is online.
titelinez: Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has support for ALL AFP versions (2.2, 3.0, 3.1) set
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has sharing-from-mac set to 'no'
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has status log set
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has error log set
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Setting Guest user name as - guest
*****Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: The configuration file seems corrupted*****
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has AUDIT disabled
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has export all volumes disabled
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: Number of volumes mounted - 4
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 0 SYS
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 1 _ADMIN
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 2 VOL2
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 3 VOL1
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP Server will not export volume - SYS
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP Server will not export volume - _ADMIN
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP Server will not export volume - VOL2
*****Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [error] Directory Caching failed for Volume - VOL1*****
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateDesktop: DESKTOP.AFP is created (or already exists)
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateAppl: DESKTOP.AFP/APPL is created (or already exists)
Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateIcon: DESKTOP.AFP/ICON is created (or already exists)
0 Likes
Highlighted
bwisupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Concerning the updates/patches:
Try '/usr/lib/zmd/query-pool products' (this will show the installed products which will be read by the update process)

What does
'rug sl' show? (service list)

What does
'rug ca' show? (catalogs)

What does
'rug lu' show? (list updates)

---

Concerning AFP: The configuration seems to be invalid. What's about deleting all shares and recreating them?

Tom
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

On 16/12/2011 17:36, NHSPHIL wrote:

> Yes. the AFP service is running.
>
> We are unable to connect to the server with the MACS. We get the
> following error: You entered an invalid username or password. Please
> try again.


Were Mac users able to connect before the upgrade?

By upgrade do you really mean upgrade (from a previous version) or
perhaps you meant update (as in apply a patch)?

If really upgrade, which version did you upgrade from?

> Note: In the AFP log we get a couple of things that are a little
> worrying:(***** added for emphasis)
> titelinez is online.
> titelinez: Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file
> has support for ALL AFP versions (2.2, 3.0, 3.1) set
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has
> sharing-from-mac set to 'no'
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has status
> log set
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has error
> log set
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Setting Guest user name as -
> guest
> *****Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: The configuration file
> seems corrupted*****
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has AUDIT
> disabled
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has export
> all volumes disabled
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: Number
> of volumes mounted - 4
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 0 SYS
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 1 _ADMIN
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 2 VOL2
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 3 VOL1
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP
> Server will not export volume - SYS
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP
> Server will not export volume - _ADMIN
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP
> Server will not export volume - VOL2
> *****Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [error] Directory Caching
> failed for Volume - VOL1*****
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateDesktop:
> DESKTOP.AFP is created (or already exists)
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateAppl:
> DESKTOP.AFP/APPL is created (or already exists)
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateIcon:
> DESKTOP.AFP/ICON is created (or already exists)


I wouldn't worry about the two lines you flagged with ***** - they're
not the cause of your problem.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Yes, Updates. Sorry. We were running updates that had not been run for a while.

Yes, Mac users were able to log in and move around. The Macs were the spark that got us looking at this server and updates to begin with. Mac users would create folders, (several folders deep,) and not be able to put any files in them. The only thig I found on teh KB that seemed applicable was a reference for one of the service patches for a problem creating files when the folder path was too deep. I tested root level folders and all was well, but once we got past about 64 character path size, they failed. I realized that we had not patched this since initial install, so after several rounds of patches and reboots, no more patches would install, and Macs were locked out.




smflood;2162279 wrote:
On 16/12/2011 17:36, NHSPHIL wrote:

> Yes. the AFP service is running.
>
> We are unable to connect to the server with the MACS. We get the
> following error: You entered an invalid username or password. Please
> try again.


Were Mac users able to connect before the upgrade?

By upgrade do you really mean upgrade (from a previous version) or
perhaps you meant update (as in apply a patch)?

If really upgrade, which version did you upgrade from?

> Note: In the AFP log we get a couple of things that are a little
> worrying:(***** added for emphasis)
> titelinez is online.
> titelinez: Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file
> has support for ALL AFP versions (2.2, 3.0, 3.1) set
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has
> sharing-from-mac set to 'no'
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has status
> log set
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has error
> log set
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Setting Guest user name as -
> guest
> *****Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: The configuration file
> seems corrupted*****
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has AUDIT
> disabled
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: Configuration file has export
> all volumes disabled
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: Number
> of volumes mounted - 4
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 0 SYS
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 1 _ADMIN
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 2 VOL2
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] 3 VOL1
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP
> Server will not export volume - SYS
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP
> Server will not export volume - _ADMIN
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] During reload: AFP
> Server will not export volume - VOL2
> *****Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [error] Directory Caching
> failed for Volume - VOL1*****
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateDesktop:
> DESKTOP.AFP is created (or already exists)
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateAppl:
> DESKTOP.AFP/APPL is created (or already exists)
> Dec 14 11:20:45 nhsfstux afptcpd[7338]: [status] CreateIcon:
> DESKTOP.AFP/ICON is created (or already exists)


I wouldn't worry about the two lines you flagged with ***** - they're
not the cause of your problem.

HTH.
--
Simon
Novell/SUSE/NetIQ Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you work with Novell technologies at a university, college or school?
If so, your campus could benefit from joining the Novell Technology
Transfer Partner (TTP) program. See novell.com/ttp for more details.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

Try '/usr/lib/zmd/query-pool products' (this will show the installed products which will be read by the update process)
bash: /usr/lib/zmd/query-pool: No such file or directory

'rug sl' show? (service list)
# | Status | Type | Name | URI
--+--------+------+-------------------------------------+-----------------------1 | Active | ZYPP | SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 | cd:///?devices=/dev...2 | Active | ZYPP | Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP2 | cd:///?alias=Novell...3 | Active | NU | https://nu.novell.com | https://nu.novell.com

'rug ca' show? (catalogs)
Sub'd? | Name | Service
-------+-------------------------------------+------------------------------------
Yes | SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 | SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3
Yes | Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP2 | Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP2
| SLES10-GPLv3-Extras | https://nu.novell.com
Yes | SLES10-SP4-Pool | https://nu.novell.com
| SLE10-SP4-Debuginfo-Pool | https://nu.novell.com
| SLE10-SP4-Debuginfo-Updates | https://nu.novell.com
Yes | OES2-SP3-Updates | https://nu.novell.com
Yes | OES2-SP3-Pool | https://nu.novell.com
Yes | SLES10-SP4-Updates | https://nu.novell.com

'rug lu' show? (list updates)
S | Catalog | Bundle | Name | Version | Arch
--+--------------------+--------+-----------------------------------------+---------------------------------+-------
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | aaa_base | 10-12.64.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | apache2 | 2.2.3-16.42.2 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | apache2-worker | 2.2.3-16.42.2 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | apparmor-profiles | 2.0.1-20.26.1 | noarch
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | at | 3.1.8-921.29.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | audiofile | 0.2.6-17.10.14 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | audiofile-32bit | 0.2.6-17.10.14 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | autofs | 4.1.4-23.32.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | bash | 3.1-24.28.8 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | bind-libs | 9.6ESVR5P1-0.9.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | bind-libs-32bit | 9.6ESVR5P1-0.9.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | bind-utils | 9.6ESVR5P1-0.9.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | cifs-mount | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | coreutils | 5.93-22.27.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | cpio | 2.6-19.30.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | cron | 4.1-45.36.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | findutils | 4.2.27-14.24.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | freetype2 | 2.1.10-18.27.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | freetype2-32bit | 2.1.10-18.27.5 | x86_64
v | OES2-SP3-Pool | | fuse | 2.7.2-15.8.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | glibc | 2.4-31.95.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | glibc-32bit | 2.4-31.95.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | glibc-i18ndata | 2.4-31.95.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | glibc-locale | 2.4-31.95.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | glibc-locale-32bit | 2.4-31.95.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | hal | 0.5.6-33.49.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | hal-32bit | 0.5.6-33.49.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | hal-gnome | 0.5.6-33.49.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | iputils | ss021109-167.20.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | irqbalance | 0.55-32.11.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | java-1_5_0-ibm | 1.5.0_sr13.0-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | java-1_5_0-ibm-32bit | 1.5.0_sr13.0-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | java-1_5_0-ibm-alsa-32bit | 1.5.0_sr13.0-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | java-1_5_0-ibm-devel | 1.5.0_sr13.0-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | java-1_5_0-ibm-devel-32bit | 1.5.0_sr13.0-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | java-1_5_0-ibm-fonts | 1.5.0_sr13.0-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | kernel-default | 2.6.16.60-0.91.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | kernel-smp | 2.6.16.60-0.91.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | klogd | 1.4.1-559.22.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | ksh | 93u-0.9.1 | x86_64
v | OES2-SP3-Pool | | libedit0 | 2.10.snap20070302-0.5.17 | x86_64
v | OES2-SP3-Pool | | libfuse2 | 2.7.2-15.8.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | libjasper | 1.701.0-16.15.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | libjasper-32bit | 1.701.0-16.15.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | libsmbclient | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | libsmbclient-32bit | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | libxcrypt-32bit | 2.4-12.9.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | logrotate | 3.7.3-13.15.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mkinitrd | 1.2-106.102.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mono-core | 1.2.2-12.30.16 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mono-core-32bit | 1.2.2-12.30.16 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mono-data | 1.2.2-12.30.16 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mono-web | 1.2.2-12.30.16 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mono-winforms | 1.2.2-12.30.16 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | MozillaFirefox | 3.6.24-0.5.1 | i586
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | MozillaFirefox-translations | 3.6.24-0.5.1 | i586
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-nss | 3.13.1-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-nss-32bit | 3.13.1-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-xulrunner192 | 1.9.2.24-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-xulrunner192-32bit | 1.9.2.24-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-xulrunner192-gnome | 1.9.2.24-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-xulrunner192-gnome-32bit | 1.9.2.24-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-xulrunner192-translations | 1.9.2.24-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | mozilla-xulrunner192-translations-32bit | 1.9.2.24-0.5.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | multipath-tools | 0.4.7-34.66.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | net-snmp | 5.3.0.1-25.37.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | nfs-utils | 1.0.7-36.44.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | nscd | 2.4-31.95.1 | x86_64
v | OES2-SP3-Updates | | nss-kmp-default | 4.13.3708_2.6.16.60_0.54.5-0.8 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | openssh | 5.1p1-41.10.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | openssh-askpass | 5.1p1-41.10.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | openssl | 0.9.8a-18.54.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | openssl-32bit | 0.9.8a-18.54.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | openssl-certs | 0.8.0-0.10.1 | noarch
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | pam | 0.99.6.3-28.25.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | pam-32bit | 0.99.6.3-28.25.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | pam-modules | 10-2.17.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | pam-modules-32bit | 10-2.17.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | perl-Bootloader | 0.4.19.26-0.8.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | popt | 1.7-271.42.2 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | popt-32bit | 1.7-271.42.2 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | postgresql-libs | 8.1.22-0.6.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | ppp | 2.4.3-33.9.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | pwdutils | 3.0.7.1-17.36.2 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | python | 2.4.2-18.37.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | python-32bit | 2.4.2-18.37.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | python-gdbm | 2.4.2-18.37.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | readline | 5.1-24.28.8 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | readline-32bit | 5.1-24.28.8 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | release-notes-sles | 10.4.10-0.7.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | rpm | 4.4.2-43.42.2 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | samba | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | samba-32bit | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | samba-client | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | samba-client-32bit | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | samba-winbind | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | samba-winbind-32bit | 3.0.36-0.13.16.5 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | scsi | 1.7_2.36_1.19_0.17_0.97-12.33.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | sudo | 1.6.9p23-0.8.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | suseRegister | 1.2-9.55.1 | noarch
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | sysconfig | 0.50.9-13.66.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | udev | 085-30.65.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | util-linux | 2.12r-35.48.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xntp | 4.2.4p3-48.21.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11 | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-fonts-100dpi | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-fonts-75dpi | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-fonts-scalable | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-libs | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-libs-32bit | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-server | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-server-glx | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-Xnest | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | xorg-x11-Xvnc | 6.9.0-50.76.4 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | yast2-core | 2.13.48-0.8.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | yast2-country | 2.13.58-0.8.1 | x86_64
v | SLES10-SP4-Updates | | zmd | 7.3.0.0-0.12.1 | x86_64
0 Likes
bwisupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

>bash: /usr/lib/zmd/query-pool: No such file or directory
OK. Maybe for some reasons zmd is not (correct) installed? I'm not sure, but there's an option in YAST...'synchronize with ZENworks'. I don't know what happens if this option is not enabled
What does
'rpm -qa|grep zmd'
and
'rug pa -i |grep zmd'
and
'rug ping -a'
tells us?


>'rug sl' show? (service list)
Looks fine. That's what I would expect from an OES2SP3/SLES10SP4 Server.

>'rug ca' show? (catalogs)
Looks fine too.

I've compared both to my freshly patched OES2SP3/SLES10SP4 System, there's no difference, except the available patches 'rug lu' shows
At this point I would assume, your server was successfully updated.

>'rug lu' show? (list updates)
Shows all patches for the system, seems to be OK.
The last patch is for zmd, try to install it using

At least you may double-check your installation using
'oes-SPident'
and
'rug pd -i'

At this point I would say your system is up-to-date (except the patches)

Tom
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

In article <NHSPHIL.550ain@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Nhsphil wrote:
> Try '/usr/lib/zmd/query-pool products' (this will show the installed
> products which will be read by the update process)
> BASH: /USR/LIB/ZMD/QUERY-POOL: NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY
>

if you are running 64 bit OES2, it would be
/usr/lib64/zmd/query-pool products


Andy Konecny
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
Andy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75037


___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Upgrade kills access to sys volume, AFP.

In article <NHSPHIL.54r3hz@no-mx.forums.novell.com>, Nhsphil wrote:
> 1) When we try to update, SP3 fails with the following error message
> ;"Cannot access installation media, OES-2 -SP3 - online. Check if the
> server is accessable..."
> Permission to access http... denied."
> A similar messaged concerning sles -10 SP4
>

I encountered a few times where I had to remove such problem install
medias and make them available more locally, usually as an ISO on the
server or really close to it some other way.


Andy Konecny
KonecnyConsulting.ca in Toronto
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Andy's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=75037


___
Andy of Konecny Consulting in Toronto
Knowledge Partner Profile
If you find a post helpful, click the Like button below. Thanks!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.