Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Upgrading DNS/DHCP from OES2 sp1 32 bit to OES11 sp1 64

magic31;2283227 wrote:
To me that means eDir was/is not all it should be. As you have just finished a basic (re)setup of serverB, it'd suggest removing it from eDirectory and do a new fresh OES11 install.

Maybe that's jumping the gun somewhat (doing a full reinstall).... maybe first start by checking your eDirecotry health as it is at this moment.

The 1_x objects usually indicate issues with the directory and are often seen (where I've seen them at least) with timesync between servers is not ok and actions like renaming and moving objects aren't being processed properly.

If all other eDirecotory objects seem ok and eDir health is also generally ok, you can also try removing those invalid objects and any other existing DNS & DHCP server objects (not the group or locator) and recreate them in the DNS-DHCP Java console.

If the strange behavior you saw is just limited to these objects, the other bits are probably ok. I'd suggest to run through your eDir health, looking from all replica servers you have (not sure if it's just the two, serverA & serverB, you mentioned in your OP).

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.