roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

User Login Profile missing server value on tab1 (NDS)

I forgot to fill in the server field for the Client 32 (Client for OES Server 2 SP4 IR7A).. I found its easy enough to make a registry edit via ZCM to fix the default profile on all the computers.. However any user that has already logged into the computer and has a profile saved in HKLM/Software/Novell/Login/profiles is missing the value for the server field..Without this field populated we are getting about a 20-30 second delay when entering the users credentials and the system says "Logging in to Network". after 20-30 seconds the process proceeds and ZCM policies begin processing..If I fill in the server field, the 20-30 second delay goes completely away and the login is instantaneous.. Obviously by fixing the default profile value, any new users that login to the computer will have the server value populated.. Anyone have any ideas of how I could fix the profiles on the computer for the existing users when maybe they log into the computer the next time ??

Any help or direction would greatly be appreciated
Doug
Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: User Login Profile missing server value on tab1 (NDS)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 18:46:02 GMT, roehmdo
<roehmdo@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>I forgot to fill in the server field for the Client 32 (Client for OES
>Server 2 SP4 IR7A).. I found its easy enough to make a registry edit via
>ZCM to fix the default profile on all the computers.. However any user
>that has already logged into the computer and has a profile saved in
>HKLM/Software/Novell/Login/profiles is missing the value for the server
>field..Without this field populated we are getting about a 20-30 second
>delay when entering the users credentials and the system says "Logging
>in to Network". after 20-30 seconds the process proceeds and ZCM
>policies begin processing..If I fill in the server field, the 20-30
>second delay goes completely away and the login is instantaneous..
>Obviously by fixing the default profile value, any new users that login
>to the computer will have the server value populated.. Anyone have any
>ideas of how I could fix the profiles on the computer for the existing
>users when maybe they log into the computer the next time ??
>
>Any help or direction would greatly be appreciated
>Doug

You should be able to setup a ZENworks bundle to push the settings.
Look at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Login\Profiles\Users\<username>\Default\Tab1

Push the registry keys via ZENworks and I believe use %username% in
ZENworks to get to the right key.

If you want to discuss it further from a ZENworks perspective,
probably best to continue this in a ZENworks forum rather than the OES
client forum.

--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
--
Ken
Knowledge Partner

Create and vote for enhancements!
https://www.microfocus.com/products/enhancement-request.html
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

roehmdo;2500902 wrote:
I forgot to fill in the server field for the Client 32 (Client for OES Server 2 SP4 IR7A).. I found its easy enough to make a registry edit via ZCM to fix the default profile on all the computers.. However any user that has already logged into the computer and has a profile saved in HKLM/Software/Novell/Login/profiles is missing the value for the server field..Without this field populated we are getting about a 20-30 second delay when entering the users credentials and the system says "Logging in to Network". after 20-30 seconds the process proceeds and ZCM policies begin processing..If I fill in the server field, the 20-30 second delay goes completely away and the login is instantaneous.. Obviously by fixing the default profile value, any new users that login to the computer will have the server value populated.. Anyone have any ideas of how I could fix the profiles on the computer for the existing users when maybe they log into the computer the next time ??

Any help or direction would greatly be appreciated
Doug

Here are a couple of other options: https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7014491
0 Likes
roehmdo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks all - appreciate the help
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.