ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Using ndsbackup utility with DSFW OES 2018 SP2

Jump to solution
Can ndsbackup utility be used when edirectory is configured for Domain Services for Windows? If so how do I do it properly.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

ndsbackup can of course be used on a DSfW box, but i'm sure you're referring to a more specific scenario. Do you want to use it for some sort of DR?

If you like it: like it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Knowledge Partner

ndsbackup can of course be used on a DSfW box, but i'm sure you're referring to a more specific scenario. Do you want to use it for some sort of DR?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks. I wont be using a backup software suite. My schema has been extended for NETIQ Self Service Password Reset. It should work right?

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

It will backup any valid schema (i.e. including any valid extensions). Just don't assume it to be an integral part of a DR plan.

Commodore
Commodore

Hi @mathiasbraun , what would you advice as backup tool/method for schema ? does dsbk manage this ?

Thanks,

Pascal

+---
“Everyone is ignorant. We’re simply not ignorant of the same things.”
+---
Don't forget to Like helpful posts and mark Solutions!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

For the schema itself? ndsbackup and / or any other SMS-aware backup such as SEP Sesam will do it. An additional LDAP export now and then won't harm.

As for dsbk backups: they are a fundamental part of any DR plan and, as schema is global, a dsbk backup will always contain it. But you'd have to recover an entire box / instance just to have a look at its schema.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.