Highlighted
tbarrett Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1385 views

VMTools for NerWare

I have loaded Netware 6.5 SP8 over VMware on my server. I needed a conduit due to the fact that the hardware and software were not cooperating on a direct load. All is well. However, I would like to load VMtools for Netware 6.5. VMware no longer has a download link for this product and has stated that I must be obtainable from Novell. Yet everywhere I look I don't see it. Does anyone know where the download link id these days?

Thanks!
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: VMTools for NerWare

Tbarrett,
> I have loaded Netware 6.5 SP8 over VMware on my server. I needed a
> conduit due to the fact that the hardware and software were not
> cooperating on a direct load. All is well. However, I would like to
> load VMtools for Netware 6.5. VMware no longer has a download link for
> this product and has stated that I must be obtainable from Novell. Yet
> everywhere I look I don't see it. Does anyone know where the download
> link id these days?


Last time I checked, the tools shipped as an ISO on the VMWare media and
was installed on the host. Have you checked the datastore. If not,
download an older version of VMWare, such as 4.x

--
Anders Gustafsson (NKP)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Have an idea for a product enhancement? Please visit:
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: VMTools for NerWare

On 31/03/2014 17:06, tbarrett wrote:

> I have loaded Netware 6.5 SP8 over VMware on my server. I needed a
> conduit due to the fact that the hardware and software were not
> cooperating on a direct load. All is well. However, I would like to
> load VMtools for Netware 6.5. VMware no longer has a download link for
> this product and has stated that I must be obtainable from Novell. Yet
> everywhere I look I don't see it. Does anyone know where the download
> link id these days?


VMware Tools for NetWare were never available from Novell because as the
name suggests it's a _VMware_ tool.

When you say "VMware on my server" which VMware product and version are
you using on your server? Checking an ESXi 5.0 server I can see the
VMware Tools for NetWare are available on the server and VMware KB
1018299[1] suggests that's true for 5.1.x too but not 5.5.x.

Checking the VMware Compatibility Guide for Guest OS[2], NetWare is not
supported in later versions of VMware products so perhaps that's why
you're not finding the VMware Tools for NetWare included?

HTH.

[1]
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&docTypeID=DT_KB_1_1&externalId=1018299
[2]
http://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/search.php?deviceCategory=software&testConfig=16
--
Simon
Novell Knowledge Partner

------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful and are logged into the web interface,
please show your appreciation and click on the star below. Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.