berndkauer Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2140 views

Vista Client - Cotextless Login

Hello to all,

i have a problem with the contextless login. I have the vista client 2.0 installed on a vista sp1.
I tried to implement contextless login. Ihave configured in the client propertis -> Contextless login -> treename and the servers

But when i try to login, the novell client aks for the tree.
when i have entred the tree the user can login. But next new user i have to enter the tree again.

Has anybody an idea how to tell the client to use the tree enterd in the properties of the client?

best regards

Bernd kauer
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista Client - Cotextless Login

berndkauer <berndkauer@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> But when i try to login, the novell client aks for the tree.
> when i have entred the tree the user can login. But next new
> user i have to enter the tree again.


Two possibilities come to mind:

- In the "System Login Profiles" tab of the Novell Client Properties,
edit the "Default" login profile such that it names the correct
eDirectory tree. This will cause the eDirectory tree to be
pre-specified for any future new users logging on to this machine, and
because the eDirectory tree name matches the one in the LDAP
Contextless Login configuration, LDAP Contextless Login will fire.

- Or instead, try simply enabling "Treeless Login" in the "LDAP
Contextless Login" tab of the Novell Client Properties. In this case
LDAP Contextless Login should simply retrieve the eDirectory tree name
being serviced by the LDAP server the user account lookup is occurring
on, and the eDirectory tree name will become populated that way.

Alan Adams
Novell Client CPR Group
alan.adams@novell.com

Novell
Making IT Work As One
www.novell.com
0 Likes
berndkauer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista Client - Cotextless Login

The treeless login is working.
I want to set the settings with ZEN.
is there an registryentry to set Treeless Login?

Thanks.

bernd

Alan Adams;1793646 wrote:
berndkauer <berndkauer@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> But when i try to login, the novell client aks for the tree.
> when i have entred the tree the user can login. But next new
> user i have to enter the tree again.


Two possibilities come to mind:

- In the "System Login Profiles" tab of the Novell Client Properties,
edit the "Default" login profile such that it names the correct
eDirectory tree. This will cause the eDirectory tree to be
pre-specified for any future new users logging on to this machine, and
because the eDirectory tree name matches the one in the LDAP
Contextless Login configuration, LDAP Contextless Login will fire.

- Or instead, try simply enabling "Treeless Login" in the "LDAP
Contextless Login" tab of the Novell Client Properties. In this case
LDAP Contextless Login should simply retrieve the eDirectory tree name
being serviced by the LDAP server the user account lookup is occurring
on, and the eDirectory tree name will become populated that way.

Alan Adams
Novell Client CPR Group
alan.adams@novell.com

Novell
Making IT Work As One
NOVELL: Worldwide
0 Likes
berndkauer Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista Client - Cotextless Login

I have found the registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Graphical Login\NWLGE\LDAP Contextless]

"Treeless Login Enabled"=dword:00000001

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Bernd Kauer
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista Client - Cotextless Login

berndkauer <berndkauer@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Novell\Graphical Login\NWLGE\LDAP Contextless]
> "Treeless Login Enabled"=dword:00000001


If you're supporting Windows x64 machines in addition to Windows x86,
just be sure this configuration will be written to the 64-bit view of
the registry on x64 machines, as that will be required in order for
the registry value to have the expected effect.

Alan Adams
Novell Client CPR Group
alan.adams@novell.com

Novell
Making IT Work As One
www.novell.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.