Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2554 views

Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

Hi,

on one network with only netware 6 sp5 servers I can login vom Vista with
the Vista-Netware-Client (beta) without problems.

on another network with only netware 5.1 sp6 servers, I can't. I can ping
the servers vom the vista ws (32Bit), but if selecting "trees" in the
advances area of the login window, the list is empty.
From the WinXP stations with novell netware client "IP only" there is no
problem connecting to the netware 5.1 servers.

Are there any modules I have to load on netware 5.1 for the novell netware
vista client?

Frank


Labels (1)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

What is the eDir version of the 5.1 tree? I would be very surprised
indeed if the Vista client was written to work with any version prior
to 8.7



On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:10:22 GMT, "Frank Leverenz"
<Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>on one network with only netware 6 sp5 servers I can login vom Vista with
>the Vista-Netware-Client (beta) without problems.
>
>on another network with only netware 5.1 sp6 servers, I can't. I can ping
>the servers vom the vista ws (32Bit), but if selecting "trees" in the
>advances area of the login window, the list is empty.
>From the WinXP stations with novell netware client "IP only" there is no
>problem connecting to the netware 5.1 servers.
>
>Are there any modules I have to load on netware 5.1 for the novell netware
>vista client?
>
>Frank
>

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

Hi Tim,

the DS.NLM is Version 8.85c
(servers are netware 5.1 sp8, not sp6)

Frank

"Tim Heywood NSC SYSOP" <tim@no.spam.please.nds8.co.uk> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:p3hdu2l8gtum52643t8b1adhugol6rraab@4ax.com...
> What is the eDir version of the 5.1 tree? I would be very surprised
> indeed if the Vista client was written to work with any version prior
> to 8.7
>
>
>
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:10:22 GMT, "Frank Leverenz"
> <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>on one network with only netware 6 sp5 servers I can login vom Vista with
>>the Vista-Netware-Client (beta) without problems.
>>
>>on another network with only netware 5.1 sp6 servers, I can't. I can ping
>>the servers vom the vista ws (32Bit), but if selecting "trees" in the
>>advances area of the login window, the list is empty.
>>From the WinXP stations with novell netware client "IP only" there is no
>>problem connecting to the netware 5.1 servers.
>>
>>Are there any modules I have to load on netware 5.1 for the novell netware
>>vista client?
>>
>>Frank
>>

> Tim
> ___________________
> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
> NDS8
> Scotland
> (God's Country)
> www.nds8.co.uk
> ___________________
>
> In theory, practice and theory are the same
> In Practice, they are different



0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

This is the lovely world of eDir naming...

This is DS8 Prior to the release of 8.6.2 - so I am not surprised
that it is not playing.

The 8.7.3.9 version can be found
http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=WTZy39eYKaE~





On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:13:15 GMT, "Frank Leverenz"
<Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote:

>Hi Tim,
>
>the DS.NLM is Version 8.85c
>(servers are netware 5.1 sp8, not sp6)
>
>Frank
>
>"Tim Heywood NSC SYSOP" <tim@no.spam.please.nds8.co.uk> schrieb im
>Newsbeitrag news:p3hdu2l8gtum52643t8b1adhugol6rraab@4ax.com...
>> What is the eDir version of the 5.1 tree? I would be very surprised
>> indeed if the Vista client was written to work with any version prior
>> to 8.7
>>
>>
>>
>> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:10:22 GMT, "Frank Leverenz"
>> <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>on one network with only netware 6 sp5 servers I can login vom Vista with
>>>the Vista-Netware-Client (beta) without problems.
>>>
>>>on another network with only netware 5.1 sp6 servers, I can't. I can ping
>>>the servers vom the vista ws (32Bit), but if selecting "trees" in the
>>>advances area of the login window, the list is empty.
>>>From the WinXP stations with novell netware client "IP only" there is no
>>>problem connecting to the netware 5.1 servers.
>>>
>>>Are there any modules I have to load on netware 5.1 for the novell netware
>>>vista client?
>>>
>>>Frank
>>>

>> Tim
>> ___________________
>> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
>> NDS8
>> Scotland
>> (God's Country)
>> www.nds8.co.uk
>> ___________________
>>
>> In theory, practice and theory are the same
>> In Practice, they are different

>

Tim
___________________
Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
NDS8
Scotland
(God's Country)
www.nds8.co.uk
___________________

In theory, practice and theory are the same
In Practice, they are different
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

Hi Tim,

thanx for your answer.

I can't install 8.7.3 sp9, because before I had to update from 8.6 to 8.7.
I've tried edir8739.exe (26 MB), edir8737.exe (57MB) and edir8703.exe (124
MB) (found on http://ftp.novell.hu/pub/mirrors/ftp.novell.com/updates/ ),
but the message is the same.
I searched the novell download for an update edir 8.6 -> 8.7 for netware
5.1, but can't find anything.

Do you know a link or the filename for this update?

Ciao
Frank


"Tim Heywood NSC SYSOP" <tim@no.spam.please.nds8.co.uk> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:kfkdu2hi20n912s4i0p38080mssabj4dp0@4ax.com...
> This is the lovely world of eDir naming...
>
> This is DS8 Prior to the release of 8.6.2 - so I am not surprised
> that it is not playing.
>
> The 8.7.3.9 version can be found
> http://download.novell.com/Download?buildid=WTZy39eYKaE~
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 13:13:15 GMT, "Frank Leverenz"
> <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi Tim,
>>
>>the DS.NLM is Version 8.85c
>>(servers are netware 5.1 sp8, not sp6)
>>
>>Frank
>>
>>"Tim Heywood NSC SYSOP" <tim@no.spam.please.nds8.co.uk> schrieb im
>>Newsbeitrag news:p3hdu2l8gtum52643t8b1adhugol6rraab@4ax.com...
>>> What is the eDir version of the 5.1 tree? I would be very surprised
>>> indeed if the Vista client was written to work with any version prior
>>> to 8.7
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 12:10:22 GMT, "Frank Leverenz"
>>> <Frank.Leverenz@micodat.NOSPAM.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Hi,
>>>>
>>>>on one network with only netware 6 sp5 servers I can login vom Vista
>>>>with
>>>>the Vista-Netware-Client (beta) without problems.
>>>>
>>>>on another network with only netware 5.1 sp6 servers, I can't. I can
>>>>ping
>>>>the servers vom the vista ws (32Bit), but if selecting "trees" in the
>>>>advances area of the login window, the list is empty.
>>>>From the WinXP stations with novell netware client "IP only" there is no
>>>>problem connecting to the netware 5.1 servers.
>>>>
>>>>Are there any modules I have to load on netware 5.1 for the novell
>>>>netware
>>>>vista client?
>>>>
>>>>Frank
>>>>
>>> Tim
>>> ___________________
>>> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
>>> NDS8
>>> Scotland
>>> (God's Country)
>>> www.nds8.co.uk
>>> ___________________
>>>
>>> In theory, practice and theory are the same
>>> In Practice, they are different

>>

> Tim
> ___________________
> Tim Heywood (SYSOP)
> NDS8
> Scotland
> (God's Country)
> www.nds8.co.uk
> ___________________
>
> In theory, practice and theory are the same
> In Practice, they are different



0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

Maybe it's just an SLP problem.
Have you tried logging in using the IP address instead of the tree or
server name?

--
Marcel Cox (using XanaNews 1.18.1.6)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

> Netware 5.1sp6

I wonder why you've posted here in the netware.6x forums? You should try
the client32 or netware.5x forums, depending on which end you suspect
the problem is in.
--
Andrew C Taubman
Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
http://support.novell.com/forums
(Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)

Opinions expressed above are not
necessarily those of Novell Inc.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

Hi,

Frank Leverenz wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> on one network with only netware 6 sp5 servers I can login vom Vista with
> the Vista-Netware-Client (beta) without problems.
>
> on another network with only netware 5.1 sp6 servers, I can't. I can ping
> the servers vom the vista ws (32Bit), but if selecting "trees" in the
> advances area of the login window, the list is empty.


That list is always empty, it simply doesn't work yet in the client,
regardless of server version.

What actually happens when you manually fill in the proper values? In
doubt, use IP addresses instead of server names.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Product Support Forum Sysop
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Vista-Client and Netware 5.1sp6

Hi Andrew,

I've updated to edir 8.7.3, but it won't work.
I put this question in the "client"-Forum, maybe I find a solution there

Frank



"Andrew C Taubman" <ataubman.RemoveThisToMailMe@novell.AndThis.com> schrieb
im Newsbeitrag news:lQHFh.259$Zb.122@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>> Netware 5.1sp6

>
> I wonder why you've posted here in the netware.6x forums? You should try
> the client32 or netware.5x forums, depending on which end you suspect
> the problem is in.
> --
> Andrew C Taubman
> Novell Support Forums Volunteer SysOp
> http://support.novell.com/forums
> (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail)
>
> Opinions expressed above are not
> necessarily those of Novell Inc.



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.