Highlighted
John-Wiesner Contributor.
Contributor.

What means Number of Objects in nssmu?

In nssmu there are:
The number of objects in the volume
The number of files in the volume
I thought that the number of objects is the number of files + the number of folders. But the same Volume copied with miggui from netware to oes shows at oes much more object as on netware. In this case:

Netware
Number of Objects: 4739926
Number of Files: 3511837

OES
Number of Objects: 4787714
Number of Files: 3495126

The Volumes are not 100% identical becaus of copy-problems. I trust the number of files but don't understand 50.000 more objects than under netware.

What are these Objects?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: What means Number of Objects in nssmu?

Does the two servers hold the same (DS) partitions?

-- eDirectory Rules! Peter www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
Contributor.

I'm not sure about the term partition. It is a eDirectory with a simple flat tree. Only one organisation with all in. Both servers are members of the eDirectory and have a local replica.
0 Likes
peterkuo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Imagine a jigsaw puzzle, you can "divide" an eDir tree into sections or pieces (partitions) and place them on different servers. So the question is, do you know if your tree was ever "divided" in such a manner?

The internal structure of NSS treat various things as '"objects," which includes trustee assignments and other (housekeeping) things. And files and folders are objects but not all objects are necessary files and folders - clear as mud? 😉

-- eDirectory Rules! Peter www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
Contributor.

Its not devided. There are about 10 Server with a repica from the eDir but all are equal. All have the whole eDir. So I understand that an Object could be an file or folder and could be some meta-data-thing like trustees. But the Trustees should be the same and the attributes should be the same and so on. So why there are 50.000 more objects on OES11 then on Netware?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.