Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Where do I find the OES 2018 sp2 migration tool?

I need to migrate a SLES 11 SP4 / OES 2015 SP1 server to OES 2018 SP2.  I want to keep the same functionality so I need the OES migration tool to migrate the ID and the data from the old to new server.  Apparently the OES Migration tool will do that but I can't find it anywhere on the Web.  It is not in my Microfocus Customer Center, I can't find it on download.microfocus.com or on the beta downloads.

Where do I find it to download it?

Thanks,

dan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

This is not an "external" tool as it's been for NetWare. It comes with the new (with any new) box.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

a possibility?

boot your Server with the oes2018sp2-dvd and install it as update

I have updata my oes2018 Server sp1 at this way

I have use the same method to update sles12sp4 to sles12sp5

When you don't want to do this:

install a new Server with oes2018sp2 and migrate only the data

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

For a number of reasons, i don't want the baggage of the old server during the upgrade.  I think I am better off migrating to a new VM.  It seems like the migration tool will allow me to migrate to a different VM but keep the same identity of the old VM and end up with a fresh OES 2018 SP2 install.

Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

oes2018sp2 is on your customer center or download.novell.com

cg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I found OES2018 SP2 on the Customer Center.  I can't find the migration tool.  The docs don't say that it comes with the OES 2018 SP2 DVD.  If it does, what is its name so I can search for it?  If it is somewhere else on the Web, then where is it?

dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

After installing, miggui is available for migrations from old to new server or swap-id's if that is what you are looking for. migguis is not for in-place upgrades.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

The program name is 'miggui' and is installed as part of the OES installation on the pre-migration server.  Go to a console prompt and type 'miggui'.

FWIW,

dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

It's installed WITH the server OS itself. Call "miggui" from a shell.

If you like it: like it.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Thanks, found it.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.