UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Why is TSIG required?

We don't even run Novell DNS, only DHCP, yet if I don't enable OMAPI and create a TSIG key, I can't view the pools leases in the java utility.
Why can't that simply pull that from the dhcpd.leases file?
Problem is, our one DHCP server servers several different VLANs that firewalled apart and was set up long ago; apparently our firewall guys can't be reached to open 7911 across all those firewalls. They even made me change the IP of the server because they didn't want to change that from a .10 to a .8.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Am 24.06.2015 um 16:56 schrieb lpphiggp:
>
> We don't even run Novell DNS, only DHCP, yet if I don't enable OMAPI and
> create a TSIG key, I can't view the pools leases in the java utility.
> Why can't that simply pull that from the dhcpd.leases file?

Using what security and what way of access? Omapi is what was defined to
do this by the developers of the ISC dhcp server. It doesn't make a lot
of sense to program something else, as it would still need some method
of communication...

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Novell Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.