Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Win 7/Novell Client 2.0 SP1 Drives do not map after restart

We run a combined Windows AD and Novell OES 6.5 environment. We recently upgraded the workstation of our company President to Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. We are running the Novell Client 2.0 SP1. His Novell drive mappings will complete after a log off and then log on, however when he performs a restart, he doesn't receive his drive mappings. He can right click the Novell icon in the system tray, perform a Novell Login, and receive his drives. I have been able to duplicate this issue with my own log in.

UAC is turned all the way down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the client. I performed a custom install and did not include NMAS (as we have run into issues within our own network with NMAS turned on).

Does anyone have any thoughts? Could this be a client setting I am missing? This phenomenon only appears to be affecting this one user. There are over a dozen Win 7 users in our company that are not experiencing this issue with seemingly the same settings.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dmachovec wrote:

> We are running the Novell Client 2.0 SP1.

Is this just the plain SP1 client? If so, please try updating to the
SP1 IR5 client.

--
Novell Knowledge Partner
Enhancement Requests: http://www.novell.com/rms

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Let me give that a try. Thank you.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I didn't realize that Novell had released a 'patched version' of their client in IR5. Thank you for the suggestion, that resolved the issue.

This thread can be closed. Thank you.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

we have a similar issue using remote desktop services (terminal server) on 2008
We are using (or want to use) windows 7 to connect to windows server 2008 R2 through RDS (terminal service) with novell client 2 sp1. We use the contextless as user are connecting from several context.

Issue:
When a second windows 7 remote desktop session is open all the other active Remote Desktop session get their mapped drive mark as disconnected network drive.
Then they can't access it anymore (X:\ is not accessible. access is denied)
The only way to get their drive connected again is to login again from the N icon, then they will not be affected anymore by new connection from windwos 7.
This issue doesn't apear if the new connection is from XP (but does if it come from linux rdesktop or freerdp)

other info:
I have try Novell client 2 sp1 ir2 and ir4 and ir5 = idem
if the contextless is note activated the issue doesn't appear (unfortunately we really need that feature)
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Did you check the network order of clients on the network adapter. We had a similar problem (no domain here) where Adobe dreamweaver was placing itself higher in the client order so the user could login to the tree but drives where not mapping. I moved the Novell client to the first position
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

dsmi87dgf <dsmi87dgf@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote:

> Did you check the network order of clients on the network adapter. We
> had a similar problem (no domain here) where Adobe dreamweaver was
> placing itself higher in the client order so the user could login to the
> tree but drives where not mapping. I moved the Novell client to the
> first position

Agreed. It happens to be specifically the "Adobe Drive CS4" component
included in the suite, for what its worth.
http://www.novell.com/support/viewContent.do?externalId=7007104

Alan Adams
Novell Client CPR Group
alan.adams@novell.com

Novell
Making IT Work As One
www.novell.com

Upgrade to OES Community
http://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/upgradetooes/
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

o i wish i was a client for novell groypwise i,m going to downl;oad i guess i hav a tupeloschools account but i need to contact a post agent for me to log in my account i,m like 9 years old lol
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.