Highlighted
jchriste Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows 7 client - painted into a corner

I think I've painted myself into a Windows 7 corner. (1) I need to be able to be able to login to eDirectory as any user in a given container, but login to the workstation automatically as a specific restricted user. (2) I also need to be able to be able to log in to the local workstation as an administrative user from time to time.

I have set up the Windows 7 client properties and the Windows 7 settings so I can do #1 but I can't change the Windows 7 user. Is there any way to do what used to be pretty straightforward under XP?

This is for an image that will be used on 80 computers.

TIA,
Jon
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows 7 client - painted into a corner

for #2, why not login as 'workstation only' first, and then into edirectory
once your at your local admin user's desktop

>>> jchriste<jchriste@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 5/10/2011 9:06 AM >>>

I think I've painted myself into a Windows 7 corner. (1) I need to be
able to be able to login to eDirectory as any user in a given container,
but login to the workstation automatically as a specific restricted
user. (2) I also need to be able to be able to log in to the local
workstation as an administrative user from time to time.

I have set up the Windows 7 client properties and the Windows 7
settings so I can do #1 but I can't change the Windows 7 user. Is there
any way to do what used to be pretty straightforward under XP?

This is for an image that will be used on 80 computers.

TIA,
Jon

‑‑
jchriste
‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑â
€‘‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑â€
‘‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑‑
jchriste's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=65437
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=438546

0 Likes
jchriste Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows 7 client - painted into a corner

Since students use these computers and they are minors, we must make it so they can't get to a desktop and have access to the Internet without being authenticated by their network ID. I removed the Workstation Only option from the user. Since the user is a limited user, it can't add the option back. 😞
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.