NOTICE: COMMUNITY PERFORMANCE DEGRADATION
Our community is currently experiencing some performance degradation with slow page loading. Our platform SaaS vendor is working on the issue.
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Windows 7 logoff does not logoff eDir

Hi!
Windows 7, latest Novell Client (SP2). When I logoff on Windows 7 machine I does not see logging off from eDir!
Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Windows 7 logoff does not logoff eDir

I mean "Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows 7".
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

And, interesting, when I restart computer then I see that this logoff is sent to server! So, it really does not log out! Any ideas?
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

> Windows 7, latest Novell Client (SP2). When I logoff on Windows 7
> machine I does not see logging off from eDir!
> Any ideas?

*How* are you logging out?
From the option under the "Start-menu" or from "Log off" on the Ctrl+Alt+Del
screen?
Historically there have been issues with eDir connections not releasing if
you not log out from Ctrl+Alt+Del.
This was with nwgina, but since Windows 7 doesn't use a gina maybe this is
not relevant anymore?
You could try and see whether there is any difference.

Regards
Rolf Lidvall
Swedish Radio (Ltd)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
Well, did from Start-menu, but just tried also via CAD ... same result, connection wasn't released by eDir.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Also, I have ZCM 10.3 and Altiris agents installed on this computer and no problem reflecting logging off on these systems! Something with Novell Client?
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Any ideas on this subject! Novell Client 2 SP1 for Windows IR3 and still same problem ... users is not logged out from eDir until Windows 7 machine is restarted or at some ... random (for me) point! Strange. On Windows 7 machine I see DLU profiles etc. is removed and also user account.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I too am having problems with this "logoff issue." In most cases (not all), using logoff does log out of edir. But if the Stutdown option is used from the Start circle, it does not log off. Even the Security Watchdog settings seem to be ignored until I delete the connection using Monitor. Trying to delete the connection prior to the Watchdog time expires is ineffective. However after the Watchdog time expires, the connection still remains and the use can not login until the connection is manually deleted.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi!
Yes, very annoying problem, must admit. As we have right now just one Windows 7 machine (other 150+ is XP Pro) then this problem is not too much, for now. Probably need to open SR as I'm not the only one.
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Did open a SR 10649144381.
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
So far no help. Support can't reproduce this issue. Today/yesterday installed another W7 machine and ... same issue! Did change Client 2 auth server to another (SLES10 OES2), same tree ... still.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Forgot. Strange is that when I do restart Novell server then same user appear as logged in, so, probably this is Client 2 issue. Also, today tried delete user connection from server console, but ... it did log in again! Also, seems to, that when after logoff I press ctrl-alt-del then user is logged off from server.
Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.