Highlighted
Bpa-eng Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows Service - edirectory authentication

Hi,

I have a Windows 2012 server that requires transparent access to the OES file server.
Client version installed is 2.0 SP3 IR3.

There is a Support article as linked here that describes how to setup authentication in the registry.
Support | Configure a Windows (Vista/7/8/2008/2012) service for authentication to eDirectory

A separate user account has been created.

What is not clear though is what is the Windows Service that needs to be run under services in order to authenticate to edirectory?
There is only one service listed in Windows Services, that is Novell XTier Service Manager.

Do I need to create a new service or is XTier the correct one?

If something new, what needs to be running?

Cheers
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows Service - edirectory authentication

That TID is essentially saying "if you have a particular Windows service that needs access to eDir, here's how to achieve that". It is not saying "here's how to get the Windows OS itself to authenticate to eDir". But you have the client installed on the server so it has access already ... perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do here?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.