Highlighted
czattoni Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Windows7 suddenly can't see tree - can't authenticate.

I've searched a lot but was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction.

We're running OES2 SP1.

A few days ago, all of a sudden users who are running Windows7 can't connect to the server with the Novell client, or if it does work, it only works for a few minutes and then disconnects.
I've tried several versions of the win7 client, and even the Vista client.
I am manually entering the IP address and context of the server in the client.

Nothing was changed or updated on the server before it stopped working.
I'm not sure where to start here..
Every machine running XP continues to work perfectly.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows7 suddenly can't see tree - can't authenticate.

Hard to see what could possibly cause that, absent a rogue group policy being applied or something like that.

Of course your server software is terribly old - and terrible ! - any chance of an upgrade to at least OES2 SP3?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
czattoni Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Windows7 suddenly can't see tree - can't authenticate.

ataubman;2234867 wrote:
Hard to see what could possibly cause that, absent a rogue group policy being applied or something like that.

Of course your server software is terribly old - and terrible ! - any chance of an upgrade to at least OES2 SP3?

Ya, I'm currently getting ready to migrate to OES2 SP3...
I built a test server and the machines have no problem logging on to it. It just bothers me that I can't find what the problem is. I hate to blow it away without knowing, but I need to get access back up asap, so this seems like the quickest way possible for me.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.