Highlighted
sshoaib Absent Member.
Absent Member.

XNTPD Issues

We have 3 netware 6.5 servers - one is master, second one read write and the third one is read only replica. We recently are having time sync issue. On the master one we are syncing with an external server. However after loading XNTPD it crashes after a few minutes. On the other two servers XNTPD is always running which are supposed to sync time from the master server. Any idea?

Recently the third server was recently migrated from one ESX to Another ESX and the problem pretty much started from that time - we had a similar issue a few weeks ago any time which was solved by manually settings the time on the third server. The other 2 server are physical servers. But this does not explain why on the physical master XNTPD crashes.
Any idea?
thanks
Labels (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: XNTPD Issues

I've never bothered with XNTPD; IMO you should go back to plain NTP/Timesync which works fine. Make one server a SINGLE and point it to an NTP configured source; make the other two SECONDARYs and point them to the SINGLE as a configured source. Simple.

What ESX version?

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
sshoaib Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks ataubman - I have setup timesync but then had issues like synthetic time issues. After settings the time sync I am having problems with timezone. I will keep trying.
ESX version is 4.1
0 Likes
ataubman Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On the server consoles do TIME, and paste the results in here along with the timesync.cfg from each of the the servers too.

That ESX version is OK, 3.5/3.6 had severe timesync issues.

Andrew C Taubman (Sorry, support is not provided via e-mail) Opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of Micro Focus.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.