Highlighted
sporter66 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

attempting to add new hard drive.

I have a volume that is running out of space and am attempting to increase the pool size (netware 6.5 sp8). I have plugged in the hard drive, went to the imanager, scanned for new devices, and nothing. I have scanned for new devices with nssmu, with no results. This is my first attempt at doing this, have I left out a step?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: attempting to add new hard drive.

Sporter66,
> I have a volume that is running out of space and am attempting to
> increase the pool size (netware 6.5 sp8). I have plugged in the hard
> drive, went to the imanager, scanned for new devices, and nothing. I
> have scanned for new devices with nssmu, with no results. This is my
> first attempt at doing this, have I left out a step?
>

What type of hrdware is this? If it is a RAID controller, chances are
it will not do anything until you tell the RAID card what to do with
the drive.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Novell has a new enhancement request system,
or what is now known as the requirement portal.
If customers would like to give input in the upcoming
releases of Novell products then they should go to
http://www.novell.com/rms

0 Likes
jgray Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: attempting to add new hard drive.

Make sure the driver for the controller is loaded. How did you do the scan for the new device? Server sonsole or nssmu? As you know, you have got to get the system to see the device before you will be able to do anything with it. Alos, check driver dates and firwre versions.

jgray
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.